Saw Krist Novoselic last night, sorry not impressed

sapperskunksapperskunk Posts: 684
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I saw Flipper last night at El Corazon in Seattle, featuring Krist Novoselic on bass. It's not like Flipper's a very technical band at all, but Krist was having problems playing the simplest of bass lines, he's played with them before so it's not like he's just getting his feet wet. I don't know if he just doesn't play as much anymore or what?

I guess Nirvanna were huge Flipper fans, which makes it even more ridiculous, If one of my favorite bands asked me to play with them, I'd know every single note by heart. Any thoughts?
www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Perhaps he's still getting his legs back under him. Performing live isn't like riding a bike. You can get rusty real quick.

Could also be a mental block...looks at Vanderjagt. One of the best kickers in NFL history...blows one in the Superbowl...never recovered.
  • Yeah but he was at home, the crowd wasn't that big, all ages show, I don't think he should get any excuses. Like riding a bike, you don't forget. The whole thing is, he's not some punk kid, he's a professional, and I didn't see that last night.
  • Be fair, the guy hasn't played in about 10 years, it's gonna take some time to get used to it again.
  • I'm sorry, but do you play dude? It takes a while even if you're off for a year.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I'm sorry, but do you play dude? It takes a while even if you're off for a year.

I do play, but like I said he hasn't been off for 10 years, he officially called it quits in 03'. I wish you could have seen it, it's like he didn't practice or rehearse at all, it looked like he was shooting from the hip. I don't know if your familiar with FLIPPER, but there shit aint hard. He just didn't give a fuck.
  • I do play, but like I said he hasn't been off for 10 years, he officially called it quits in 03'. I wish you could have seen it, it's like he didn't practice or rehearse at all, it looked like he was shooting from the hip. I don't know if your familiar with FLIPPER, but there shit aint hard. He just didn't give a fuck.

Ok, I thought you just meant he wasnt playing well. If he wasnt performing either....
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    enharmonic wrote:
    Perhaps he's still getting his legs back under him. Performing live isn't like riding a bike. You can get rusty real quick.

Could also be a mental block...looks at Vanderjagt. One of the best kickers in NFL history...blows one in the Superbowl...never recovered.
    It's true that Vanderjagt is one of the best ever...but he's never played in the Super Bowl...and he's an idiot.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I'm sorry, but do you play dude? It takes a while even if you're off for a year.
    haha yeah really, if i dont play for like 3 months i get rusty
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    Hey You As You Might Now (or Not, As I'm Reading Yr Posts) Flipper Is Sloppy! If They're Not Sloppy, They're Not Flipper!
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    isn't he a politician now?=p

vote for me!
  • pj 79pj 79 Posts: 150
    I would like to see him someday... and Dave Grohl too
    25/11/05
    26/11/05
    13/11/11
    03/04/13
    07/11/15

TOUCH ME, I'M DICK
  • I last saw Krist watching Dave drum during the QOTSA tour. He stood there unnoticed until some fratboy was like "Duuuuuuuuuude it's the guy from Nirvana!"
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well he was the least talented of the three.... maybe i missed it but his bass lines were never too impressive to me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    I thought his bass lines were one of the best parts of Nirvana!
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • No-one has even questioned why they're called such a terrible name as 'Flipper'?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison