Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I know it's probably been done before, cause the album is always highly praised on these boards.
But thought I'd give people another opportunity to show some love for one of the greatest & most under-rated albums of all time(IMO!).
Surely one of the best collection of lyrics there's ever been.

Faster-

I am an architect, they call me a butcher
I am a pioneer, they call me primitive
I am purity, they call me perverted
Holding you but I only miss these things when they leave

Class.
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Gonna see them live for the 4th time in DEC

Great band :)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    A straight up masterpiece.

Yes, Faster, This is Yesterday, Die in the Summetime, Mausoleum. all incredible songs.

'For sale, dumb cunts same dumb questions,
    virgins? listen, all virgins are liars honey
    and I don't know what I'm scared of,
    or what I even enjoy, get money, buy,
    nothing turns out like you want it to

and in these plagued streets
    of pity you can buy anything.
    For 200 anyone can conceive a god on video.
    He's a boy, you want a girl so tear of his cock,
    tie his hair in bunches, fuck him
    call him Rita if you want'

NO ONE, was making music like that in the UK in 1994.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    The Holy Bible is in my Top 10 favorite albums of all time list. I love the vocals, the lyrics, the guitar work, the energy of the whole thing.

'I know I believe in nothing but it is my nothing.'

Is their new album, Send Away the Tigers, any good?
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    zircona1 wrote:
    The Holy Bible is in my Top 10 favorite albums of all time list. I love the vocals, the lyrics, the guitar work, the energy of the whole thing.

'I know I believe in nothing but it is my nothing.'

Is their new album, Send Away the Tigers, any good?
    best since Everything Must Go (which isn't really that great, besides Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky and A Design For Life)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"