The Charlatans - New Album free!

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Not sure how many fans there are out there, but here's a link to the new Charlatans album and it's free!!

http://www.xfm.co.uk/news/2008/download-charlatans-new-album-for-free

Been listening to it since Friday & I can't get enough. Hardly the most original of albums, but it's still a great effort.
Hints of Joy Division, New Order, Electronic, Primal Scream etc etc.
The Charlatans back to their roots I suppose.

Enjoy.
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Another music executive just pissed his pants

and his assistant just got fired.

GOOD.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Great band! Not heard this new one but downloading as I type. Time to empty the car CD player and have a Charlatans, Stone Roses fest.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=275251

i tried to drum up some support for this album a few days back ^^^.....needless to say the thread plummeted to page 7 in a couple days (with 1 reply)

......the album is suprisingly good - I get a little skeptical when press mentions an album being "a return to form" blah, blah, blah......but in this case I would say they are right - good stuff (and its FREE)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    One of the most underated bands in the history of time.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    stu gee wrote:

uh oh. I definitely disagree. I saw them a few years ago - should have crawled back to whatever dump they came out of :o
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    stu gee wrote:

Agreed. Seen them quite a few times live, and have not once been disappointed. Tim Burgess always puts on a great show, whether it's a massive out door show in front of 40,000 or a tiny intimate gig in front of a couple of hundred.

This album is a real throwback to the early Manchester sound. Not to everyones' taste I'm sure, but I'm loving it !!

'The Charlatans', 'Tellin Stories', 'Us & Us Only', 'Wonderland' all great albums.
    Plus the real iconic tracks like 'Only One I Know', Wierdo', 'When', 'Just Looking', 'One To Another' etc etc etc

Very under-rated in my opinion.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    My employer's fucking web spy wear is prohibiting me from downloading this. Fuck.
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Jennytree wrote:
    uh oh. I definitely disagree. I saw them a few years ago - should have crawled back to whatever dump they came out of :o
    Perhaps you shouldn't have come on to a Charlatans thread. ;)