Will we ever get 'Mike Patton-Best Of' ??!

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited April 2007 in Other Music
How awesome would that be? A mix of all the projects he's been involved with over the years.
Although I, as a fan, think he's never realised his full potential and that he's overly self indulgent at times. I still think the good out-weighs the bad.

Any thoughts?

Plus, anyone know what his next step is? Think I read somewhere there's a new Tomahawk album coming. More mellow than usual...
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    yup - I heard there should be a new Tomahawk album in the works, as well as a new Fantomas album (I actually heard that it is going to be entirely electronic - weird)

....also there is supposed to be a new album this year with John Zorn....Six Litanies for Heliogabalus (conceived by John Zorn featuring Patton/Trevor Dunn/Joey Baron/Ikue Mori/Jamie Saft)

.....he is also supposedly contributing vocals to new albums by Foetus, Massive Attack and Eyvind Kang
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Cheers for the info.

Does Patton ever take time off?!!! Must be the hardest working man in rock....
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Just put a faith no more cd on and you´ll get the best of him
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    lars wrote:
    Just put a faith no more cd on and you´ll get the best of him
    what a wonderfully narrow-minded view of one of the most diverse artists in music.

I will admit however that Angel Dust by FNM is his greatest single work.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • korbykorby Posts: 298
    i like him
    its ok
  • peepspeeps Posts: 79
    you know, there's a reason a "best of" has not been released.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    That would be the most schizophrenic album ever made. I also agree that Patton has yet to realize his full potential. I'd like to see him try something in a more traditional vocal style...doesn't even have to be rock. He really has an extremely powerful voice, but doesn't seem to stretch it out much.

Tomahawk - "Anonymous" - June 19
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    what a wonderfully narrow-minded view of one of the most diverse artists in music.

I will admit however that Angel Dust by FNM is his greatest single work.
    Just because you don´t agree doesnt make me narrow minded. Only a couple of tomahawk songs come close to fnm....thats not narrowminded but a fact
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    lars wrote:
    Just because you don´t agree doesnt make me narrow minded. Only a couple of tomahawk songs come close to fnm....thats not narrowminded but a fact
    But your reply seemed to suggest that all Faith No More songs are better than all other Patton songs, which is quite obviously bullshit. Listen to Innocent Eye, Crystal See from Eyvind Kang's Virginal Co-ordinates and tell me that something like Cuckoo for Caca is better.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • According to 93x in Minneapolis

April 19, 2007
    Faith No More To Reunite

It’s commonly understood that Mike Patton is a busy man. By nurturing his growing label Ipecac and providing both vocals and general musical direction to Peeping Tom, Fantomas and Tomahawk, few would be surprised if he added yet another straw to the camels back. However, the latest band added to Patton’s bloated schedule will be none other than Faith No More.

The announcement came during a brief promotional push for Tomahawk’s pending album “Anonymous” (due June 19 via Ipecac Records). The Faith No More reunion was practically mentioned as an apathetic aside. Patton spoke of the new Tomahawk album as somewhat subdued and “more organic ” then stated “And just so the cats out of the bag, Faith No More should be touring Europe and Australia early next year.” Amid gasps and camera flashes from the press, Patton mentioned that the band would debut a new album via Ipecac and was currently negotiating distribution assistance from a major label. The bands lineup has not been confirmed by Patton, nor was there any mention of the new albums progress or direction.

More information is expected to follow in the coming days as Patton continues his promotional stint for the new Tomahawk album among other Ipecac releases set for this year.
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    s_rockvam wrote:
    According to 93x in Minneapolis

April 19, 2007
    Faith No More To Reunite

It’s commonly understood that Mike Patton is a busy man. By nurturing his growing label Ipecac and providing both vocals and general musical direction to Peeping Tom, Fantomas and Tomahawk, few would be surprised if he added yet another straw to the camels back. However, the latest band added to Patton’s bloated schedule will be none other than Faith No More.

The announcement came during a brief promotional push for Tomahawk’s pending album “Anonymous” (due June 19 via Ipecac Records). The Faith No More reunion was practically mentioned as an apathetic aside. Patton spoke of the new Tomahawk album as somewhat subdued and “more organic ” then stated “And just so the cats out of the bag, Faith No More should be touring Europe and Australia early next year.” Amid gasps and camera flashes from the press, Patton mentioned that the band would debut a new album via Ipecac and was currently negotiating distribution assistance from a major label. The bands lineup has not been confirmed by Patton, nor was there any mention of the new albums progress or direction.

More information is expected to follow in the coming days as Patton continues his promotional stint for the new Tomahawk album among other Ipecac releases set for this year.

April Fool's joke by metalunderground.com. Sorry...