Any news on NEW Blind Melon album?

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited April 2007 in Other Music
NIN & Silverchair albums out already. Tom Morello's Nightwatchman album end of the moth.
Dinosaur Jr & Chris Cornell coming next month. Then Smashing Pumpkins in July.
Anyone got an idea when the new Blind Melon album is due?

Plus, any other interesting releases coming up?!
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    pirlo21 wrote:
    NIN & Silverchair albums out already. Tom Morello's Nightwatchman album end of the moth.

Chris solo is now on 5th of June, dont know about the Melon.

According to their latest myspace blog the record should be all finished in June so maybe mid July, August for release, I dunno.

as for other releases Queens of the Fucking Stone Age man.
    And the White motherfucking Stripes.
    And also a band I'll wholely recomend ya, Nine Black Alps have their second album coming out this year.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Yep, I tripped up on Cornell. Saw the date 06/05/07 on his website, us Brits take that as being 6th May!!! Damn, another month to wait.

Good call on Nine Black Alps, their pretty good. Never been into QOTSA, but looking forward to the new White Stripes stuff.
    Cymru Am Byth

1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • reggie500reggie500 Posts: 23
    pirlo21 wrote:

I heard 8 of the melon songs and was really blown away. It's better than I expected.....
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Same here. I thought the band wouldn't be the same without the distinctive voice of Shannon Hoon, but the new tracks sound great.

I just hope the 90's veterans, Dinosaur Jr, Pumpkins, Cornell, Morello etc keep the quality coming to show the young pups of today how to make music !!!
    NIN & Silverchair got us off to a flying start...
    Cymru Am Byth

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    reggie500 wrote:
    I heard 8 of the melon songs and was really blown away. It's better than I expected.....

the 3 i heard were all very impressive.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Same here. I thought the band wouldn't be the same without the distinctive voice of Shannon Hoon, but the new tracks sound great.

I just hope the 90's veterans, Dinosaur Jr, Pumpkins, Cornell, Morello etc keep the quality coming to show the young pups of today how to make music !!!
    NIN & Silverchair got us off to a flying start...

The Dinosaur Jr album is deadly, NIN was ok and well Silverchair is a punchline for any shitty music joke
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    blind theory is playing bars in pa.

does that count?