Super Furry Animals - Any fans?!

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited April 2007 in Other Music
I've been into this band from the start. 'Fuzzy Logic' is one of my fave albums of all time. Their 2nd & 3rd albums 'Radiator' & 'Guerilla' are also high on my list.
Although I think they've become quite self-indulgent of the last few albums, I still think they're an incredibly talented band.
Seen them live 3 or 4 time over the years, and they've always been faultless.

Gruff Rhys' two solo albums are also highly recommended.

Just wondered if there were any other fans out there? Particularly outside the UK.
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I like some songs, but have never really got into them.
    I put Do Or Die, If You Dont Want Me To Destroy You, Golden Retriever, Demons and Ice Hockey Hair on my MP3 player just the other day.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • CornishManCornishMan Posts: 447
    Yes I think they're great. The first concert I ever went to back in 1998 was SFA, and I've seen them again since. Both times they rocked! I love the fact that their music is so unique compared with other rock and roll bands. :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022, Manchester 2024.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Love the SFA. Radiator is probably my favorite album from start to finish, followed by Rings Around the World. I thought the last album, Love Kraft, was very good too. I'd love to see these guys live.

I've got Gruffs first solo album, but not the second. Is that one all in Welsh too?
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Haven't heard alot from them, but I really like that "Hello Sunshine" song.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Gruff's 2nd album isn't in Welsh. It's pretty good.
    Some of his lyrics are out of this World (literally!).
    He did a couple of live shows over here in North Wales recently, gutted I missed him.

SFA's Welsh album 'Mwng' is worth checking out. Even if you don't understand what's been said, it's still a great sounding album.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.