The Who - Where next?

pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Hi guys, just need some help knowing which are the best albums by The Who to pick up.
I've had a greatest hits in my collection for years, but only recently picked up 'Who's Next'. I think it's an amazing album, and it's now way up in my list of faves.
Just wondering where to go next....?

Cheers.
Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fadafada Posts: 1,032
    My favourite is quadrophenia. "who by numbers" is their most underestimated album
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Is Quadrophenia the home of Love Reign O'er me? That was always one of my fave tracks off the 'Best Of' album.
    I'll give it a go. Cheers.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Quadrophenia is great, but I'd have to go with Who's Next. IMO, it's one of the best albums ever made. It Has Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blue Eyes, and Bargain.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    I would say proceed to Quadrophenia, then Tommy and a bit of Who Are You.
    After digesting those we'll deal with Odds and Sods.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i would say csi, the string of h2 commercials, gateway ads... those are good places to start hearing some classic who songs.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    pirlo21 wrote:
    Is Quadrophenia the home of Love Reign O'er me? That was always one of my fave tracks off the 'Best Of' album.
    I'll give it a go. Cheers.
    yES IT IS
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    If you don't have it, I'd recommend their new album, Endless Wire. I love this album.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Side one of The Who Sell Out is all right. (CD people: I mean, up to and including I Can See For Miles.) The Who Live At Leeds, the original album, is okay too. All the other albums are uneven, bar Who's Next, which you have.