same old stuff

La St. LaLa St. La Posts: 28
edited November 2006 in Other Music
don't get me wrong, the stuff mentioned here, for the most part, is pretty darn goodness. I've just noticed the same bands get talked about over and over here. What else do you like that maybe we haven't heard of?
Anyone like Cansei de ser Sexy?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    pretty damn good brasilian band!, fresh sound to my ears... i haven´t listened their new entire album, i heared few great songs for now...
  • tonadax wrote:
    pretty damn good brasilian band!, fresh sound to my ears... i haven´t listened their new entire album, i heared few great songs for now...

Lemme just tell you...they're quite amazing to me. I saw them live with Ladytron about a month ago, and fwaaahhhh....totally grand, totally lovely....
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I've mentioned the Burden Brothers a few times, but no one seems to care :(
    It suprising though because alot of people on here were Toadies fans, and the Burden Brothers is the band Vaden Todd Lewis sings for now. Oh well, I tried to introduce some great new music. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mos wrote:
    I've mentioned the Burden Brothers a few times, but no one seems to care :(
    It suprising though because alot of people on here were Toadies fans, and the Burden Brothers is the band Vaden Todd Lewis sings for now. Oh well, I tried to introduce some great new music. (:

HEY burden brothers are greatness! <3
    I like their sound
    La St. La wrote:
    HEY burden brothers are greatness! <3
    I like their sound
    Cool. Glad to see another person on here like them. There are a few on here but we are a very small bunch. I live in their hometown, and they are HUGE here. Their street team (I'm one of the members) is currently looking for new people to sign up. I like helping to promote these guys. They have done so much for their fans. They sign albums at shows, and even let me hang out and get some pics during a soundcheck before a show.
    Eagles of death metal is another great band, that's not mentioned alot. Both albums are awesome.
  • red mos wrote:
    Cool. Glad to see another person on here like them. There are a few on here but we are a very small bunch. I live in their hometown, and they are HUGE here. Their street team (I'm one of the members) is currently looking for new people to sign up. I like helping to promote these guys. They have done so much for their fans. They sign albums at shows, and even let me hang out and get some pics during a soundcheck before a show.

coolness! I live a few hours away, in Texarkana, if you've heard of that speck of poo.
    I'd <3 to see them sometime.
    La St. La wrote:
    coolness! I live a few hours away, in Texarkana, if you've heard of that speck of poo.
    I'd <3 to see them sometime.
    cool. Texarkana is only about 3 hrs from Dallas right? The BB is about to open a few shows for Hinder in December. Too bad Hinder is the main act. I have not decided if I'm going to the show or not, cause I didn't really like the Hinder songs I've heard, but they are going to be touring as headliners again after that. Their tix are usually really cheap 10-20 bucks total and put on a hell of a show. Vaden has even started playing a Toadies song or two in the sets again, which is cool, cause that used to really piss him off when people would scream Toadies songs at the shows. Their street team is free to sign up, and you get points for just logging on to the website and more points for participating on the message board on the http://www.fancorps.com site. There are other assingments you can sign up to get points for, and they are generally easy assignments. The points will lead to rewards and prizes or something. If your interested, my name on that board and their message board is night shadow. Great to see another BB fan. I LOVE the new album- total greatness.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    How about Belasco - A british band who are big in Germany but nobody has heard of the UK. That probably makes them sound terrible - they aren't so original, bits of PJ, Muse and Radiohead in there, but they write great songs.

Give them a try.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    La St. La wrote:
    don't get me wrong, the stuff mentioned here, for the most part, is pretty darn goodness. I've just noticed the same bands get talked about over and over here. What else do you like that maybe we haven't heard of?
    Anyone like Cansei de ser Sexy?

anything with sexy in the name makes me think of right said fred and will not be taken seriously.