John Frusciante ???

dimitriherremandimitriherreman Posts: 115
edited November 2006 in Other Music
I'm a huge fan of the peppers.
But the albums of john frusciante are really amazing.
I bought my first album of john in the local music store for a low budget price a couple months ago.
And i listended to it at home ,and i was really stunned.
Does anyone else like John Frusciante ???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yesss:D
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Yes, he is out of this world, in more ways than one, prolific, great at a show. What album did you get?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i started out with will to death, quite good. ive yet to get any of his other albums
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    'Shadows Collide With People' is the best place to start then get 'To Record Only Water For Ten Days'. After that get any of the 6 that he released in 6 months but leave 'Niandra Lades' til the absoute last unless you really want to hear someone torturing themselves on cd.

Also, if you look on http://www.johnfrusciante.com under the 'Demos' link he's got a whole 21 track album (From The Sounds Inside) that you can download for free. This is what the site says:

"From The Sounds Inside" - Free Internet Album By John Frusciante
    This material, which has never been published on a commercial album, was made available for free to all John fans in August 2001.These songs are are a personal gift from John Frusciante, to you the fans. (Please do not ever attempt to sell these tracks on ebay or use them in any other commercial way)

It's a pretty cool album and it's even cooler that he's giving it away for free. There's also an acoustic version of the Shadows Collide albuml as a demo version of it and there's some live stuff on there to download too.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Yes, he is out of this world, in more ways than one, prolific, great at a show. What album did you get?

I got the album DC-EP and recently bought inside of emptiness.
    Which albums do you have ??
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Check out Niandra Ladies/Usually Just A T-Shirt.

Two discs of heroin influenced garbage. I love Frusciante, but my god these cds suck.

Well, except for Your Pussy's Glued To A Building On Fire
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    I got the album DC-EP and recently bought inside of emptiness.
    Which albums do you have ??

Niandra Lades, Smile from the Streets You hold, To Record only Water, Shadows Collide with People. I keep meaning to pick up some of the others.

Ediger have you seen him cover Your Pussy's Glued at a RHCP show? I've heard him do it twice. Most people don't know what it is.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I love the Funky Monks DVD - really astonished to see John play...at that young age...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • i loooove his solo cds. the first one i got was will to death as well and it totally hooked me into his solo stuff. that was when he started his "6 cds in 6 months" thing, and i found myself going back to the same record store every month for half a year getting every album as it came out. i also had to pick up the ones he had released before that and it makes for quite the collection. he's just so freakin talented!
  • I'm glad that people like John Frusciante.
    But there aren't enough people who really know john's work , and that kinda people , they hear a song of john if they go to a RHCP-gig , and their judgement is : nah , don't like it .
    And if you ask them :"what do think about John F."
    they say that his work isnt good and suck.
    While im sure that if the half of it consider to listen to an album , they really would love his work.
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    JaneNY wrote:
    Niandra Lades, Smile from the Streets You hold, To Record only Water, Shadows Collide with People. I keep meaning to pick up some of the others.

Ediger have you seen him cover Your Pussy's Glued at a RHCP show? I've heard him do it twice. Most people don't know what it is.

Sadly, I have only seen the Chili Peppers once, about a month and a half ago. John covered Simon and Garfunkel's For Emily. I have a bootleg from a recent show where he played Your Pussy's Glued To A Building On Fire. Its something else...
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?