Angel Dust - Faith No More

Ved in the Head91Ved in the Head91 Posts: 70
edited December 2007 in Other Music
This is one the most beautifully crafted pieces of art I have ever heard. I was reminded of my love for it when the song 'RV' came up in another thread (all I have to say about 'RV' is that it is based on the underwater level from Super Mario Brothers...brilliant!!)

So, any fans at all? Discuss "Angel Dust" and Faith No More in general.
What I Should Have Said...Was Nothing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I agree, this album is one of my all-time favourite records, probably in my top 20. I listened to this album so much in the year it came out, probably for me when I was in grade 10. I loved The Real Thing, but this was the album that hooked me into Faith No More. It's so original sounding, has such a great end song Midnight Cowboy, Patton's lyrics are nuts, the bass player has some really great beats, and those creepy, haunting keyboards

My favs are Everything's Ruined (love that slow keyboard build up at the end of the song), Kindergarten (lyrics are humourous) Midlife Crisis (what a cool vid) A Small Victory, Crack Hitler, Midnight Cowboy

Plus there is a song titled Jizzlobber, lol, how can something with that not be cool
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    One of my top ten (sometime top five!).

Think this is the album where Patton became more of a force in the band. His vocals sound amazing throughout.

Great band, great songs, great album. One of the best.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    This is one the most beautifully crafted pieces of art I have ever heard. I was reminded of my love for it when the song 'RV' came up in another thread (all I have to say about 'RV' is that it is based on the underwater level from Super Mario Brothers...brilliant!!)

So, any fans at all? Discuss "Angel Dust" and Faith No More in general.

Easily one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time. Sheer maniacal brilliance. Way, way better than that one album before it...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    lots of love going around for angel dust amongst hard rock fans as far as i know
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Mike Patton is a fucking musical genius
    the Minions
  • I agree with everyone here and consider it their masterpiece.

"Everything's Ruined" never got enough credit for being a brilliant song and "A Small Victory" will always be a classic.
  • Every song is a classic. One of my absolute favourite albums start to finish.
  • Mike Patton is a fucking musical genius

HE IS! I love Angel Dust but to me, it seems like an accidental, great record. I think they fluked it. :o

Still love them though... :)
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I saw the Angel Dust tour w/ Helmet opening up supporting their Meantime album. Freaking insane show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:
    I saw the Angel Dust tour w/ Helmet opening up supporting their Meantime album. Freaking insane show.

holy fuck man, what a fucking crazy show. Helmet promoting the Meantime, wow

Saw them twice, on Betty tour and their comeback album
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Absolutely amazing record for sure. I had it on.............Tape....... And had to get the disc. Was never very into Faith No More's other stuff, but This is over the top amazing.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    Jim Martin's last fnm release :(

i was lookin for a different version of caffeine, but check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ofvK-Aa9o
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    totally brilliant album.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • It sounds like I need to get my ass in gear and check this fuckin band out!
  • Anyone from the UK remember "Everythings Ruined" live on The Word TV show late one Friday night? Am I correct in remembering the bass player dressed as a Bumble Bee, Ant or some other large insect?
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Anyone from the UK remember "Everythings Ruined" live on The Word TV show late one Friday night? Am I correct in remembering the bass player dressed as a Bumble Bee, Ant or some other large insect?

I have seen that on youtube.

Found it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chw76lR_V_o
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    My favourite FNM video and song.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • (all I have to say about 'RV' is that it is based on the underwater level from Super Mario Brothers...brilliant!!)

this just made me download the song
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Ah, this brings back so many memories.

Thanks for posting all those You Tube vids; good stuff! I only got to see them once during a Radio Festival in 1995, right after they released King For A Day. However, since it was a Radio show, they only were allowed to play for 40 minutes. I wanted so much more!

What's everyone's favorite FNM album after Angel Dust? Here's how I would rank them:

Angel Dust
    The Real Thing
    King for a Day
    Album of the Year
    Introduce Yourself (but does this one even count, since it's not with Patton?)
  • Angel Dust
    King For A Day
    The Real Thing
    Album Of The Year
    Introduce Yourself
    I haven't heard "We Care A Lot", which is the first album and is out of print and impossible to find.
    my favourite FNM albums are:

1 - Angel Dust
    2 - Real Thing
    3 - King For A Day
    4 - Album of The Year
    5 - Introduce Yourself
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    I'm on a Faith No More binge right now. Everythings Ruined, Be Aggressive, Small Victory, Digging The Grave, Ricochet, Ashes To Ashes, Last Cup Of Sorrow, and Stripsearch.

And I just got two 1997 proshot concert videos: Bizzare and Phoenix Festivals.