Snow Patrol

KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Just dropped the cd from Snow Patrol in my car set and it sounds good.
Its easy to listen to, the singer has got a good voice. They do not really sound original... a bit like Radiohead/Coldplay, but I enjoy it.
Especially the song with Martha Wainwright sounds great!
Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm with you, I really enjoy Snow Patrol. The new album is a lot catchier than anything else (which doesn't make it bad), but I enjoyed The Final Straw more than Eyes Open. Good band though. I think I am going to go see them in Feb.
  • I agree; I liked Final Staw a little better than their new album. I'm debating whether to go see them in Feb. Anyone seen them live before; what kind of show do they put on??
  • "chasing cars" is being flogged to death on radio but its such a catchy tune. is it fairly indicative of the album as a whole?
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Just dropped the cd from Snow Patrol in my car set and it sounds good.
    Its easy to listen to, the singer has got a good voice. They do not really sound original... a bit like Radiohead/Coldplay, but I enjoy it.
    Especially the song with Martha Wainwright sounds great!
    That tune "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" is very strong....haunting and sexy at the same time. Their songs have just enough quirk to be interesting and not annoying. With great lyrics, too. It took a while for me to get into them but now that I am, I'm glad. Good band.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    "chasing cars" is being flogged to death on radio but its such a catchy tune. is it fairly indicative of the album as a whole?

Although they have their own tune, the songs are quite diverse. Give it a try!
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Snow patrol are decent enough.

They have been around longer than coldplay. Their first album came out in 1998, and coldplay's in 2000.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    allornone wrote:
    I agree; I liked Final Staw a little better than their new album. I'm debating whether to go see them in Feb. Anyone seen them live before; what kind of show do they put on??

i saw them in chicago a few months ago and they were PHENOMENAL. they rock out a lot more in concert than they do on album. the new cd is great (though i also give final straw a slight edge)... im trying to get their first album, but it was never released stateside.

chasing cars is a pretty solid song, im lucky not to have heard it on the radio (i dont listen to radio, ever). id say it's a decent indication of their sound. though they're not all mid-tempo ballads like that one (thank god... that's why i dislike coldplay, same formula for every song). honestly, they kinda remind me of a more consistent gin blossoms, or maybe pete yorn at times. definitely worth picking up.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I cant say ive liked what ive heard of the new album to be honest, find it all a bit soppy. I prefer their older stuff. Final straw was probably the album that gave them the success that they have just now but they have a couple of decent albums before that, Songs for polar bears and When its all over we still have to clear up, both of which i think are pretty good.

Gary Lightbody has also sang with a group called the reindeer section who are decent as well. They are made up of people from a number of glasgow based bands, like belle and sebastian, arab strap, mull historical society. They are pretty cool, quite nice, laid back music.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Thanks for the replies, I will try to get the older ones see what I think of them. I like their sound better than Coldplay's as well. Coldplay has got some good songs here and there but I can never complete a cd and haven't listened to them for ages.
  • I'm in love with the song 'Cars', it's so pretty!
    I didn't really like their first album, but Eyes Open has been a bit more to my taste.
    Not a bad band x
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"