Led Zeppeling to reunite?

InHidingInOttawaInHidingInOttawa Posts: 154
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I spotted this today.....

Led Zeppelin to reunite?
26/06/2007 12:00:00 AM

(KP International) - Rumour has it Led Zeppelin, who split up in 1980, will reunite to honour their late record boss, Ahmet Ertegun, with a memorial concert.

Apparently, the surviving bandmates Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones will pay tribute to the late Atlantic Records founder in London before kicking off a world tour.

"[The bandmates] are waiting for a definite date," a source was quoted as saying by Contact Music. "During discussions about the concert they all gave the greenlight to a tour if it all [goes] well and they don't all fall out. It has been hoped-for and denied for years, but this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Ertegun died last year.

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Led+Zeppelin+to+reunite/Music/MusicNews/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=KP26060709&feedname=CP-SHOWBIZ_V2&show=True&number=5&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc
2005 - Montreal, Ottawa / 2011 Montreal, Toronto 1, Ottawa / 2013 London, Calgary, Vancouver
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    if they do ill be buying my tickets
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm not going to hold my breath. Rumors have floated around like this for years and nothing has ever come of it.
    If it happens it would be ultra awesome, but I don't think it will.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    ...after they way Page and Plant stood away from JPJones on the stage while getting their R&R Hall Of Fame award, I lost a lot of respect for those two.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm not going to hold my breath. Rumors have floated around like this for years and nothing has ever come of it.
    If it happens it would be ultra awesome, but I don't think it will.

Exactly, I remember years ago (6+) when I first heard the rumor of Zep reuniting with Bonham's son on drums. If they make an offical announcement it will be awesome but I am not really sure it will happen.
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    I never knew that they added a "g" to the end of their name? Does that make them an verb instead of a noun?
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    Led Zep,to me are the greatest of all time(just ahead of PJ in my book)
    But dam,they are too old!!Robert can't sing those songs now!!

reminds me of a song "what is and what should never be"
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    JamMastaE wrote:
    Led Zep,to me are the greatest of all time(just ahead of PJ in my book)
    But dam,they are too old!!Robert can't sing those songs now!!

reminds me of a song "what is and what should never be"
    I think Robert sounded great with Pearl Jam the other year. I think he still has it and I wouldn't miss a Led Zeppelin reunion tour!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,255
    CJMST3K wrote:
    ...after they way Page and Plant stood away from JPJones on the stage while getting their R&R Hall Of Fame award, I lost a lot of respect for those two.

i agree that was classless after all he did for that band to be treated like that i cringed at that ,and can PAGE even play anymore or can PLANT even sing why would jones even wan't to be in the same room with them i doubt that he does ........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I think Robert sounded great with Pearl Jam the other year. I think he still has it and I wouldn't miss a Led Zeppelin reunion tour!!!

I fully agree. I listen to that all the time, and Robert sounded great. I'd be more worried about Page's playing then Plant's singing. Plant is currently in great form. I saw him last year and he was fantastic. And did great on older Zep songs. Even songs like "Babe, I'm going to leave you", he was great.

People have fallings-out from time to time and can get over things. We don't know the entire story with Jones. That's personal amongst them. And if they reconciled, and they want to work together, I'm happy for them, and certainly happy for me.

If they do this one show, I'll be extatic. A tour, and I'll be besides myself. I think Zep is the only band PJ could open for. Otherwise PJ shouldn't open for anybody.

I think Plant and Jones like to experiment forward and not look back. I think Page likes to relish the old days. I think that summs up the "creative differences" they have.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • No chance ;)

There's more likelihood of a Beatles reunion than a Zepp reunion.
  • man they love to torture people. every year is another rumor, of course if it happens im shelling out the $$$$.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    What the hell the Police got back together, why not? Tell me that wouldn't be a monster tour?!
  • JamMastaEJamMastaE Posts: 444
    Yeah i heard Plant sing too,and he is a fucking shadow of his former self(which is to be expected at his age)anybody who thinks he's in top form needs a fucking miracle ear!!!

And that bullshit they pulled at the rock & roll hall of fame really turned me off,i still love their music but i wouldn't spend a dime to go see these assholes.Not after i saw the obvious contempt they have for their fans.

FUCK EM!!

but that's just me.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot". Mark Twain

"I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees."
    Emiliano Zapata
    I'd be more worried about Page's playing then Plant's singing.
    And I am not even worried about that. I don't beleive a guitar player of his caliber could get that rusty.....or not be able to shake the rust off with a little practice. Jimmy is a fucking guitar GOD and I would pay big bucks to see LZ reunite.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    if happens, i´m not expecting a surreal show, just a good show worth to tell to your future grandchildrens you´ve watched the greatest rock band ever ´not at their peak, but´...
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    aNiMaL wrote:
    And I am not even worried about that. I don't beleive a guitar player of his caliber could get that rusty.....or not be able to shake the rust off with a little practice. Jimmy is a fucking guitar GOD and I would pay big bucks to see LZ reunite.

I think you're right. I've heard he's been clean and practicing a lot. Wanting to play. There was a period where he was rusty. Like when he was in that band called The Firm. That was actually Paul Rodgers doing the solo in "Radioactive". In the Page/Plant unledded, Page was good but struggled in spots. At that age, your hands often don't respond like your mind wants them to. I think he's better now. And very wise and experienced, he can do great stuff even if it isn't blistering speed. I thought he was good doing Rock n roll on the new Jerry Lee Lewis album.

In response to all of these posts, you're not going to see Led Zeppelin as they were in 1973, on tour. You'll see an incredible show.

One final note: While Jason Bonham is great, and it would be great to see him on the kit for many reasons, Michael Lee, the guy who drummed for Plant on the Memory Song on Fate of Nations, on Page/Plant Unledded/No Quarter, and Clarksville, is probably one of the best and looked over drummers I've seen. And has an uncanny ability to fill Bonham(Sr)'s shoes.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    My exboyfriend is probably going nuts right now about this. He loves Zep. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this........
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    is jason bonham said to be involved ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    http://93x.com/blog.asp?id=431152&SBID=4444

June 28, 2007
    ROBERT PLANT Shoots Down LED ZEPPELIN Reunion Rumors

Robert Plant has shot down reports that LED ZEPPELIN will reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honor of their late record company boss.

A report was published earlier in the week suggesting that Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside John Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source was quoted as saying, "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out.

"It has been hoped for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Speaking at a press conference for the upcoming Rockwave festival — which is scheduled to be held June 29, June 1 and June 3 in Athens, Greece — Plant insisted that he hadn't heard anything about the rumored ZEPPELIN reunion and jokingly added, "If there was one, then there wouldn't be enough doctors to support it!"

Ertegun died in December 2006 after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a ROLLING STONES concert.
  • You have no idea how sad reading that just made me! Well, maybe you do, but still, now I'm sad. :(
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    what's done is done.

do you want pete samprass to try and take back his wimbledon title? yes, me too but it just won't work out well for anybody
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Qball wrote:
    I never knew that they added a "g" to the end of their name? Does that make them an verb instead of a noun?
    Shut the fuck up smart ass.