Axl at Budokan-Axl's monitor mixes

Comments

• mikesbrimikesbri Posts: 965
    im speechless..that was just horrible
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i used to loev GNR, but that was just disappointing to see. the worst is the knockin on heavens door. oh man. he sound like shiite. axl's stage presence has always sucked and still does. it should have been changed to welcome to the matrix the way he was dressed. poor axl, the only thing good i can say is that he looks like hes been working out, hes pretty big now.

i will still buy the album, if it ever drops., just wont see em live, dont think they are allowed here anyway.

hes a selfish prick. he should quit now.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Sounds old and looks fat.
  • He needs to get some tips from Cornell on how to rescue a voice from oblivion, he sounds like utter shit. I would be pissed off if I paid to see G'N'R and the only original member couldn't even pull off his parts.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I think he sounds great. You guys have to remember that it's just a monitor mix. You can't even fully hear the band playing. Here's what Axl sounds like when he's mixed in with everybody else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=973YLrlrNwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsdReVvj_7U
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    I think he sounds great. You guys have to remember that it's just a monitor mix. You can't even fully hear the band playing. Here's what Axl sounds like when he's mixed in with everybody else.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=973YLrlrNwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsdReVvj_7U

Why would you need to hear the band better in order to hear what his voice sounds like? He does sound better in that link to Welcome To The Jungle though.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I listened to a couple and Axl sounds fine, alot of people on here just hate Axl and his voice to begin with so of course they aren't gonna like this. Axl sounded horrible on the '02 tour, he sounds alot better now, not as good as before but still decent live.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    omg what happened to his face :(
  • holtz wrote:
    I listened to a couple and Axl sounds fine, alot of people on here just hate Axl and his voice to begin with so of course they aren't gonna like this. Axl sounded horrible on the '02 tour, he sounds alot better now, not as good as before but still decent live.

yeah, i like out of tune, out of breath, monotone singing.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Claudia wrote:
    omg what happened to his face :(

He turned 45.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    He needs to get some tips from Cornell on how to rescue a voice from oblivion, he sounds like utter shit.
    tips from Cornell? are we back to this again?
    fucks sake. whats tips will he bestow? how to be skeletal & record a shit solo album?
    saw soundgarden supporting Gn'r back in 93, older members of the audience believed they were the guys tuning up!
  • elmer wrote:
    tips from Cornell? are we back to this again?
    fucks sake. whats tips will he bestow? how to be skeletal & record a shit solo album?
    saw soundgarden supporting Gn'r back in 93, older members of the audience believed they were the guys tuning up!

Um if you actually read my post, I said on how to recover a voice - you listen to Audioslave live in Cuba, and see how awful he sounded back then, then listen to what he's doing now, it's nothing short of remarkable. Axl's range is nowhere near what it used to be. Oh and his solo album might not be all that, but at least Cornell doesn't spend over ten years making a record!
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Cornell doesn't spend over ten years making a record!

He should.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    He should.

Well I'm not gonna say the record was amazing, cause it really wasn't, but I respect him for at least trying something different. It's that same dedication to experimentation that resulted in Superunknown, so when it does work, it works very well. Plus Cornell is keen to keep on moving forward, and not waste his years, unlike Axl who's just pissed ten years up the wall.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Chinese Democracy will be better than any album Chris Cornell has ever been on.
  • Matty Boy wrote:

Doubtful, if his current vocal abilities are anything to go by.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    um vocals a little loud in the mix axhole?

what a shame
    Matty Boy wrote:

thats just funny

hahaha

thanks for the good laugh
  • Get_Right wrote:

what a shame

Axhole sounds like crap, even if the mix is off. I used to love this band, this idiot ruined it. Look what a big joke he has become! The laughing stock of the rock world. Axhole!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Get_Right wrote:

what a shame

its the monitor mix...thats not what the audience heard.

That only came out of Axl's monitor and no one elses, but judging by his monotone in singing a smart monitor engineer would have turned down the vox in the mix to get more of a preformance out of axl. But Axl probably demanded not to turn down the vox in the mix so he could make sure that he could hear himself and make sure he was in tune.

Either that or he had a sore throat/cold and had to have the vox up in his monitors to make for certain that he was singing in tune.

Turning up the vox in the monitor mix can cause the vocalist to think that he is singing to loudly and that he needs to take down the singing a notch and it can cause for the monotone singing.

Q:whats the difference between the monitor engineer and a toilet seat?

A: A Toilet Seat only has to deal with one asshole at time.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    two words..

Fat Elvis...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    its the monitor mix...thats not what the audience heard.

That only came out of Axl's monitor and no one elses, but judging by his monotone in singing a smart monitor engineer would have turned down the vox in the mix to get more of a preformance out of axl. But Axl probably demanded not to turn down the vox in the mix so he could make sure that he could hear himself and make sure he was in tune.

Either that or he had a sore throat/cold and had to have the vox up in his monitors to make for certain that he was singing in tune.

Turning up the vox in the monitor mix can cause the vocalist to think that he is singing to loudly and that he needs to take down the singing a notch and it can cause for the monotone singing.

Q:whats the difference between the monitor engineer and a toilet seat?

A: A Toilet Seat only has to deal with one asshole at time.

got it, and you mean a GNR monitor engineer!
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Axhole sounds like crap, even if the mix is off. I used to love this band, this idiot ruined it. Look what a big joke he has become! The laughing stock of the rock world. Axhole!

I don't know about THAT dude. If that album does ever get released, that laughing stock is going to be laughing all the way to the bank, because it is going to sell pretty good, I think.

On topic, these videos were tough to watch, indeed
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired

Axhole indeed and I agree 100% with what you say.
    Egos and $$$ prevented them from becoming anything more than a two record band. Now its a freakshow.

What a shame cause they were so freaking good back in the day.
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    I don't know about THAT dude. If that album does ever get released, that laughing stock is going to be laughing all the way to the bank, because it is going to sell pretty good, I think.

On topic, these videos were tough to watch, indeed

high school musical sells a lot of records too.
    its still crap though
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Get_Right wrote:
    high school musical sells a lot of records too.
    its still crap though

The people who buy high school musicals are not going to be the ones buying this thing though. This thing is going to appeal to many rock fans across all ages. You don't like it, cool, but considering what kind of music he's produced in the past and based on what I've heard from a few of the tracks leaked so far, I do know that he'll sell at least 1 album!
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Um if you actually read my post, I said on how to recover a voice - you listen to Audioslave live in Cuba, and see how awful he sounded back then, then listen to what he's doing now, it's nothing short of remarkable. Axl's range is nowhere near what it used to be. Oh and his solo album might not be all that, but at least Cornell doesn't spend over ten years making a record!
    ok yeah, so maybe I went a lil overboard saying cornells solo effort was "shit", like there are one or two ok tunes on it but Id trust in axl to put out some thing better, though I wouldnt be surprised if there never is another record.His voice is ok on the songs that have leaked over the past few years, live he will struggle with his songs.
  • I don't think axl live voice is really much worse now than it is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtyqIRMJLCs

That's just what axl sounds like.