Original GNR vs Radiohead

Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Just curious about the musical tastes of people on here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GNR. By a long shot.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Radiohead. Where's the poll?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I was too lazy to make a poll. I'm just curious to see if people on here are into more mellow stuff like Radiohead, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and indie rock. I was shocked to see Radiohead was more popular on here than NIN, and I was curious about how a straight up rock n roll band would fair against Radiohead with people on here.
  • reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I was too lazy to make a poll. I'm just curious to see if people on here are into more mellow stuff like Radiohead, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and indie rock. I was shocked to see Radiohead was more popular on here than NIN, and was curious how a straight up rock n roll band would fair with people on here.

Well, I do like original GnR alot. I certainly like it more than Jack Johnson and Ben Harper, but Radiohead is just way different than them. Radiohead may be mellow, but its artistic, crazy shit. RH is amazing to me. GnR had some great all time classic rock songs, but overall they can't compete with RH.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Guns N Roses. Radiohead can go cry someplace else and kiss my black ass.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    Axl Rose is the most horrible singer on the planet.
  • Radiohead. Period.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i love gnr, but i think that radiohead are a better band. really one of the greatest bands on the planet...so much talent.

basically, i like both fast, loud music as well as softer stuff. if its good, its good! thats why i like pearl jam so much - they are a great mix of both.
  • Prioronfire22Prioronfire22 Posts: 393
    are you kidding? R A D I O H E A D !!!!!!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    this can't be serious....Radiohead by the longest shot possible. GnR is for hillbillies and bikers
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    this can't be serious....Radiohead by the longest shot possible. GnR is for hillbillies and bikers

Right, just like Radiohead is for girlie-boys and pseudo-intellectuals.:rolleyes:

Or maybe generalising like that is just a dumb thing to.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Right, just like Radiohead is for girlie-boys and pseudo-intellectuals.:rolleyes:

Or maybe generalising like that is just a dumb thing to.
    just trying to get a rise out of some people. chill.
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    just trying to get a rise out of some people. chill.

Mission accomplished, I guess.:p
  • http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/radiohead_in_rainbows_from_the_basement/series.jhtml

I'm not quite sure what this is going to be, but it is supposed to be on at midnight tonight on Vh1 about Radiohead.
    Mary Jane
    ~~~~~~
    09/04/2000 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
    07/01/2003 Nissan Pavilion Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA
    06/22/2008 Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
    10/27/2013 Baltimore Arena (1st Mariner), Baltimore, MD
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    fanch75 wrote:
    Guns N Roses. Radiohead can go cry someplace else and kiss my black ass.

WHAT?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    djerdap wrote:
    Radiohead, of course. One of the best bands on the planet.

Maybe someone prefers to hear a swine shrieking. I mean, his pseudonym is Axl Rose, for God's sake.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY!!!! YOUR GONNA DIE!!!!!
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    GNR because the helped me to escape those 80s sounds!
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    come on man, what's next ?!..answer is..
    R A D I O H E A D