Portishead Third

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Just bought this album today and I've got to say....

it was worth waiting 11 years for...very well done
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I loved them back in the day! Sound alot like their old stuff. Just may have to pick this one up...
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I started listening to Third last week; trippy, moody, haunting, a little sonically lean and I like the latter half of the album a bit better than the first half but it's great stuff, as a whole.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i like it almost as much as dummy

i have to listen to them back to back though to make a clearer judgment
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Long waited come back (and absolutely welcomed), but in my opinion "Third" can't compete with any of the prior albums, don't get me wrong, i'm glad Portishead is back. Even so this album is better than most of the stuff that is being released lately and Beth Gibbons still kicks ass.
  • holy shit! Its out? I've been pumped up about this one, didn't know when it would be released. Fuck, there's no way Walmart will carry it here. I'll have to wait to get a hard copy.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Well, I'm about half way through it and I like it. Don't know if I love it like the other two yet. I read reveiws, which is always a bad idea, and they said it was hard to listen to a first. I certainly don't agree with that. Its different than previous Portishead, but may be something that is more accessible at first, IMO. The beats and overall sounds doesn't sound as depressing as earlier PH. Its got the wierdness of the other two albums, but slightly more up beat. On song 6 now, I like it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown