New Vinyl available Band of Horses

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited October 2007 in Other Music
The new album Cease to Begin by Band of Horses is now available to order online here's the link

http://bandofhorses.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=12033_12037
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i pre-ordered the cd, bundled with a t-shirt!! can't wait...though i'm most excited for the free band of horses beer koozie that's coming with it. i was really sad that they didn't have any when i saw them awhile back.

this new album is going to be sooo good...can't wait :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • iamsampj wrote:
    i pre-ordered the cd, bundled with a t-shirt!! can't wait...though i'm most excited for the free band of horses beer koozie that's coming with it. i was really sad that they didn't have any when i saw them awhile back.

this new album is going to be sooo good...can't wait :)

Got to see them in August at the Ryman in Nashville. They opened for Modest Mouse...one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Love BoH
    the Minions
  • Got to see them in August at the Ryman in Nashville. They opened for Modest Mouse...one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Love BoH
    i saw them back in march at a small venue in orlando. i wasn't quite expecting the response that they got from the crowd...we were going crazy and wouldn't even let them finish the first song before the crowd was screaming their heads off :) i'm i knew they were amazing, and it was nice to see that everyone else thought so too. orlando can be a weird crowd sometimes, with people just standing there appearing to be amazingly "cool"....ughh.

i'm sure you've heard their new song "is there a ghost"? awesome!!

now i've got to decide whether to see if they announce tour dates in florida...or take a road trip?! seattle at the showbox on my birthday sounds like a good time :)
  • iamsampj wrote:
    i saw them back in march at a small venue in orlando. i wasn't quite expecting the response that they got from the crowd...we were going crazy and wouldn't even let them finish the first song before the crowd was screaming their heads off :) i'm i knew they were amazing, and it was nice to see that everyone else thought so too. orlando can be a weird crowd sometimes, with people just standing there appearing to be amazingly "cool"....ughh.

i'm sure you've heard their new song "is there a ghost"? awesome!!

now i've got to decide whether to see if they announce tour dates in florida...or take a road trip?! seattle at the showbox on my birthday sounds like a good time :)

Yeah they played 4 new songs but I don't know the names of all of them except "is there a ghost?"

Our Swords was great with the three drummers.
    the Minions
  • bump
    the Minions
  • great band
    the Minions
  • I pre-ordered the CD/ shirt bundle as well, well worth the cash.

I missed them when they played the south this spring... they played St. Augustine on my wife's birthday, so I had to miss it. Hopefully they come back soon. They're based around Charleston now, so there's no excuse.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • some decent tracks, but this album isnt as good as the first one
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • some decent tracks, but this album isnt as good as the first one
    Yeah their first album will be hard to beat

But if it's close, it'll still be great...can't wait to hear it.
    the Minions
  • Anyone else excited for Tuesday? I've been really anticipating this album. Possibly more so than any other this year.
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    iamsampj,

I was at the Social in Orlando for that show as well. Fantastic show and you were right about the crowd that night and in general about Orlando crowds. The fans gave them great adulation and even though the guys were piss drunk (I was standing and talking with them right before they went on, and you could tell) they played immaculately. In fact, they were so good live, I went back and listened to the album with a new vantage point and from merely liking it, went to loving it. They are a nice and loose while playing, but still technically tight.
    Live Free or Die!
  • Cease to Begin is amazing.
  • I love Everything All the Time and I'm hoping they come around soon, because Id very much like t see them live...but my first impression of Cease to Begin is barely lukewarm...it really didnt excite me much on first listen, pretty bland. Hoping its a grower.
    "Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert...we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans." 6/94
  • I love Everything All the Time and I'm hoping they come around soon, because Id very much like t see them live...but my first impression of Cease to Begin is barely lukewarm...it really didnt excite me much on first listen, pretty bland. Hoping its a grower.

Yeah

but I didn't like this band at all on the first listen, but I love MMJ and thought that maybe I didn't give them a fair shake. So after I gave the album Everything all the Time an afternoon of listening, it just grabbed me. Then I bought the Vinyl and damn....... (guys....this could be my favorite new band).

Then I saw them perform....WOW....now I'm hooked
    the Minions
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    3sheets wrote:
    iamsampj,

I was at the Social in Orlando for that show as well. Fantastic show and you were right about the crowd that night and in general about Orlando crowds. The fans gave them great adulation and even though the guys were piss drunk (I was standing and talking with them right before they went on, and you could tell) they played immaculately. In fact, they were so good live, I went back and listened to the album with a new vantage point and from merely liking it, went to loving it. They are a nice and loose while playing, but still technically tight.

that's right...i think we talked about this awhile ago. they were hi-larious during the show too...with all the comments of messing up the set list and that's why they never change it up :) still one of the best shows i've seen in orlando...cold war kids, tvotr, and the national (more recently) were amazing too!
    i guess their tour manager is a guy that works for the social in orlando!? there is a really good article/tour diary with them in the new filter magazine. i highly recommend it! i have been on a band of horses kick for the past 3 weeks. can't wait for the new cd...i'm not sure if i can't wait for it to come in the mail...ahhh pre-orders.
    the new album is up on their myspace page if anyone wants to take a listen :)

http://www.myspace.com/bandofhorses
  • I got a shipment confirmation on Friday, so hopefully I'll get it in tomorrow's mail. That's a hell of a lot quicker than Sub Pop fulfilled my pre-order for the new Iron and Wine. I pre-ordered on 9/12, and I got the disc yesterday, with a 10/3 postmark... I'd be pissed but they threw in a free copy of the "Boy With a Coin" single.

For those of you that didn't pre-order, and are planning on grabbing it this week, it's under $8 at Best Buy and at Amazon. That is, if you don't mind buying from a monolithic corporate chain and getting it on CD. ;)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Bump, releases tomorrow. pick it up:)
    the Minions
    my copy is sitting at the post office here in tampa...just waiting to be delivered to my apartment tomorrow :)

so excited...i know what i'm adding to the playlist this week at work!!
  • Got my t-shirt and album yesterday. The album met the hype an my own expectations. That never happens.

Didn't get a chance to see them last year at Vegoose. Hope to catch them on this tour.

An absolutely a fantastic album...nuff said.
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    Got to see them in August at the Ryman in Nashville. They opened for Modest Mouse...one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Love BoH

luckee. always wanted to see a show at the ryman, much less one with those 2 bands.