Beck

RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
edited April 2007 in Other Music
anyone a fan of his music? I know i am. His new cd titled "The Information" is very good.
"Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    RockMan wrote:
    anyone a fan of his music? I know i am. His new cd titled "The Information" is very good.

I was kind of a late bloomer on Beck. I didn't get into him until Sea Change came out...but I am glad I did, he is pretty fucking cool.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    ya he is rad. excellent live. love the video for cell phone's dead ;]
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • leavin hereleavin here Posts: 145
    I LOVE Beck! So fun and unique and has a wide range of style, great videos, great performances, tons of love to Mr. Beck Hansen!
    Vancouver 09/02/05, so far so good
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I'm a fan, "Odelay" is among my favorite albums ever, he has more diversity on that album than some artists have over the course of their entire career, great stuff.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I only have Odelay, and spin it every once in a while.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Beck is definetely amazing. Mellow Gold, Odelay, Sea Change, Guero, The Information...they're all fucking great.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Just bought Odelay today. So far it seems like a great album!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    guero/lito.

wow.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    I've been a huge fan since 1994. His live shows kick ass, unfortunately haven't seen him play for about 5 years. At a festival in Wisconsin I yelled for "One foot in the Grave" and they played it right after that. I don't care what anybody says, he heard me for sure. If you have not heard one foot in the grave, he played a verse of it on SnL a few months ago.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08