Options

What guitar does Mike play for Red Mosquito

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited September 2008 in The Porch
Anyone know?

My buddy and I are discussing it and he said it was a Fender and I said Gibson but I wasn't sure what model.
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Well, at Columbia he used his Strat. I'm guessing it's the 69 strat that he loves so much. So, at least for that version he played that guitar. Hope that helps a bit!
  • Options
    I think it's actually a 59 Strat Hubmann, the beat up looking sunburst one.
  • Options
    hmm, I thought it was a gibson... but then again he could change it up every now and then.

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    I just checked out the video on YouTube from the Columbia show that Hubmann spoke of and he was using his favorite 59 slabboard Strat for that show, anyway. He may have used other guitars at different shows for that particular song.
  • Options
    Wooow. Can't believe I messed that up. I'm not the best with guitar model's and such(no matter how many times I've seen that part of Imagine In Cornice). I definatly shouldve remembered that though. Oh well. Thanks for the correction
  • Options
    I just checked out the video on YouTube from the Columbia show that Hubmann spoke of and he was using his favorite 59 slabboard Strat for that show, anyway. He may have used other guitars at different shows.

is that the one that is all beat to hell? I can't really tell by the vid

this one??

http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060629/5.jpg

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    I think it's actually a 59 Strat Hubmann, the beat up looking sunburst one.

Yes 59 he liked it so much he got married on 5-9!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    yoke wrote:
    is that the one that is all beat to hell? I can't really tell by the vid

this one??

http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060629/5.jpg

Oh yeh, that's the one alright. He always uses it on Yellow Ledbetter and several other tunes. I think it is his favorite guitar.
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Yes 59 he liked it so much he got married on 5-9!!!

That I did not know!
    He also has a 59 TV yellow Les Paul Special and Les Paul Jr. He loves those 59's.
    The Sunburst 59 he plays on stage I believe is a reissue, but he probably has a real one that he doesn't take on the road. They are just too valuable.
  • Options
    cool thanks, i wasn't sure.. I could have sworn I saw him play it with his gibson

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    1959 is the year Mike was born if I'm not mistaken, and it is definitely the year of his favorite guitar, the rather beat looking Fender Strat ... he always plays it on Even Flow for example, and, really, I'd say about 75% of the time .. without a doubt its the guitar he uses most.
    In the dvd they just released, Cornice, there's a scene where he shows the #59 tattooed on his arm
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    spearhead wrote:
    1959 is the year Mike was born if I'm not mistaken, and it is definitely the year of his favorite guitar, the rather beat looking Fender Strat ... he always plays it on Even Flow for example, and, really, I'd say about 75% of the time .. without a doubt its the guitar he uses most.
    In the dvd they just released, Cornice, there's a scene where he shows the #59 tattooed on his arm

I'm no maths genius but that would make him 49 right? I think it's '66 that he was born.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    ...yeah you're right...that not right...well, anyway, it's Mike's lucky number according to the video, and the year of that Strat, and the number he has tattooed on his arm, but not the year he was born...sorry for that.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!