Anyone else see that amazing Cornell show last night at Paramount

evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
edited October 2007 in Other Music
What a amazing show he sounded great played all his classics lost my mine when he play TOTD fucking amazing anyone elses thought anyone get ahold of the setlist
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Fucking amazing..........

Jesus Christ Pose was worth the price of admission!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Fucking amazing..........

Jesus Christ Pose was worth the price of admission!!!!
    Be hard to hear that song without Matt on drums
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Be hard to hear that song without Matt on drums

The new drummer's not bad. I was very impressed with his Spoonman solo at the Toronto show this summer.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hehe yeh, its hard to match Matt..

but he does a great solo job in Slaves
    Be hard to hear that song without Matt on drums

He did just fine..... Drummer and the guy on bass were both good.

• Be hard to hear that song without Matt on drums

Get off Matt's balls, the new guy did great.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Forgot my damn cotton balls, though. My ears are still humming.

Not that I'm complaining. :) It was an amazing set.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    and now the question we are all dying to know, how did he look in those designer jeans?
  • pjtaper wrote:
    and now the question we are all dying to know, how did he look in those designer jeans?
    *yawn*
  • pjtaper wrote:

Howdy Mic, you appear to still be sore about his cancellation.

I don't blame you especially for the reason he cancelled for.
    and I was even more annoyed when he postponed the postponed show, luckily, I lost all interest after his first cancellation and now I'm just on a shit talking mission to let everyone know how much cooler Ed is than him!
  • I don't really understand the point of breaking up with all of your previous bands and hitting the road with a different guys doing mostly your old stuff. In my opinion I would prefer to see him by himself doing more of an acoustic thing (like the Sweden show).
  • pjtaper wrote:
    and I was even more annoyed when he postponed the postponed show, luckily, I lost all interest after his first cancellation and now I'm just on a shit talking mission to let everyone know how much cooler Ed is than him!

Speaking of which, I felt a little bad for the guitarist tasked with trying to fill Ed's vocal shoes on Hunger Strike.

Hell, I felt the same way for the other guitarist pulling McCready duty on the TOTD songs. But they did good.

Nobody can sound close to Tom Morello, though. Thankfully, they didn't even try.
  • LAMLAM Posts: 30
    have never heard chris sound better, but thought the band sucked.

not going to waste anyones time bashing things or peoples opinions, but chris could have hired a better band.
    Since '91 wrote:
    Speaking of which, I felt a little bad for the guitarist tasked with trying to fill Ed's vocal shoes on Hunger Strike.

Hell, I felt the same way for the other guitarist pulling McCready duty on the TOTD songs. But they did good.

Nobody can sound close to Tom Morello, though. Thankfully, they didn't even try.

Kind of funny how the avoided the Morello stuff....

I will say that I miss the shit outta Kim!!!!

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Never had the chance to see him until this coming Saturday in Salt Lake. Hope its a great show. Gonna be a blast.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    jaamfaan wrote:
    Never had the chance to see him until this coming Saturday in Salt Lake. Hope its a great show. Gonna be a blast.

the negative comments on this thread are BS...

CC has never sounded better and his band is kick ass...

No one will ever ne as good as Matt Cameron but his lead guitarist knocks the sh*t outta the guitar solo in Black Hole sun...

Let's face it, if this is the only way we get to hear TOTD, SG, Audioslave and his solo stuff all in one set..

WTF are you complaining about his backing band for???...

Its The VOICE!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    Since '91 wrote:

I love Audioslave! Just picked up two of their posters today! I hope they can find a good new lead singer that wants to sing and not rap!
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    anyone get the setlist when he did led zeppelin at the end that was amazing his band wasnt bad u hae to rember it is impossible to replace the old band
    anyone get the setlist when he did led zeppelin at the end that was amazing his band wasnt bad u hae to rember it is impossible to replace the old band
    This post has my vote for longest sentence used in message pit history!
  • how many musicians do u know that can pull of a range of songs spanning a 20year career?

and the fact that they dont try to copy morello is great, because it sounds like a song now and not one phat guitar solo that is totally unrelated to the rest of the music.

they were ace the four times ive seen them this year.

glad some of u enjoyed it. the rest of you need to work out its not 1994 anymore.
    pjtaper wrote:
    This post has my vote for longest sentence used in message pit history!

Or most confusing.....

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    LAM wrote:
    have never heard chris sound better, but thought the band sucked.

not going to waste anyones time bashing things or peoples opinions, but chris could have hired a better band.

This is exactly how I felt. I couldn't tell the guitarists apart so we called them Thing 1 & Thing 2. A couple of non-descript, brunette dudes with the same haircut. I'm sure that is exactly what Chris was looking for. My buddy leaned over and asked me if Chris has become David Lee Roth.

Chris sounded great. He was on last night. It was a hell of a setlist and a fun show. But every Soundgarden song sounded better when I saw Soundgarden do them. Every Audioslave song sounded better when I saw Audioslave do them. Hunger Strike sounded like ass.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr wrote:
    This is exactly how I felt. I couldn't tell the guitarists apart so we called them Thing 1 & Thing 2. A couple of non-descript, brunette dudes with the same haircut. I'm sure that is exactly what Chris was looking for. My buddy leaned over and asked me if Chris has become David Lee Roth.

Chris sounded great. He was on last night. It was a hell of a setlist and a fun show. But every Soundgarden song sounded better when I saw Soundgarden do them. Every Audioslave song sounded better when I saw Audioslave do them. Hunger Strike sounded like ass.

I think of him as more of a Lenny Kravitz wannabe than a DLR wannabe :)

I got reports from the Portland show tonight. I hear there were more security than people actually at the show. And the show is not at a very large venue. Portland don't like it when you've become a sellout. :cool:
    NERDS!
  • dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    jeffbr wrote:

Except for the DLR comment, I've agreed with just about everything here. I haven't seen him since he played in San Francisco so maybe he is a bit obnoxious now, not quite sure. I do know that I thought the band was "okay" but nothing to write home about. A decent back up band.
    Thing 1 & Thing 2... lol!
  • Did anyone who was there notice Peter Cornell guesting on JCP? Says he did in this review...

http://lineout.thestranger.com/2007/10/chris_cornell_the_paramount

...but then there have so many inaccuracies in articles lately (slipping journalistic standards, it weren't like this when I were a lass....) that I wonder if it's true, especially as he's usually based in NYC. Anyone know?
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • how many musicians do u know that can pull of a range of songs spanning a 20year career?

and the fact that they dont try to copy morello is great, because it sounds like a song now and not one phat guitar solo that is totally unrelated to the rest of the music.

they were ace the four times ive seen them this year.

glad some of u enjoyed it. the rest of you need to work out its not 1994 anymore.

Absolutely.

And on the one occassion I saw Soundgarden, quite honestly they weren't all that. And more to the point, Cornell's vocals are far more consistent from night to nightnow than they ever have been.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    I got what I paid for..........

it was a good show.