Unintentional comedy at its finest.

otis mcflusterotis mcfluster Posts: 536
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Someone please tell me how anyone could take these tools seriously.

http://www.icicom.up.pt/blog/tendadosindios/archives/velvet_revolver.jpg

It's like the casting director for a crappy after school special dressed them; "OK, I think we should go with the 'bad ass' image, you sir, rip off the sleeves of your flanel and put on these pleather pants. And you with the needle in your arm, wear this denim suit but show me a little navel and alot of camel toe."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ::hate::
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Someone please tell me how anyone could take these tools seriously.

Slash could be wearing a pink dress and I'd still take him seriously, he's a great guitar player.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • MCG wrote:
    Slash could be wearing a pink dress and I'd still take him seriously, he's a great guitar player.
    Too bad velvet revolver sucks so hard. Slash is the only hair metal guitarist (and GnR the only hair band) that I can stand.

"Make our day"
  • Wow. Imagine that: a rock band having an image.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Wow. Imagine that: a rock band having an image.
    Image is fine, but they went with that? :p

"Make our day"
  • Image is fine, but they went with that? :p

Meh. I like it. The way I see it, you can either go for the "No Image" image like Pearl Jam, or go overboard, and wear a peaked cap on stage. I'll accept both.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Wow can't believe you posted this again, this wasn't even funny the first time you posted it in one of the VR threads.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    MCG wrote:

Yeah. He always looks hot too. I don't care what he wears, he just oozes... :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    PJ&T, I wouldn't call GN'R hair metal, just straight up rock and roll. And I don't mind VR.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • PJ&T, I wouldn't call GN'R hair metal, just straight up rock and roll. And I don't mind VR.
    they were hair metal. BUT the guitars sounded great (not - turn all the knobs as high as they go and give everyone a headache - like the rest of them) and the songs were better. It was somewhere in between I'd say. In any case, let's just say "hair metal era".

"Make our day"
  • holtz wrote:
    Wow can't believe you posted this again, this wasn't even funny the first time you posted it in one of the VR threads.
    Nothing worth crying over. If you love Weilands denim bound nut sack, thats cool. Maybe he will let you touch it at the next show.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    GnR was just a good old fahioned Rock N' Roll band who happened to come out during the Hair Metal era. AFD is still the best album of the last 25 years and one of the best albums ever.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    GnR was just a good old fahioned Rock N' Roll band who happened to come out during the Hair Metal era. AFD is still the best album of the last 25 years and one of the best albums ever.
    Maybe not the last 25 years, BUT it's one of the best ever, and is in my top ten.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • it seems like a fairly routine band picture to me. no big deal.

would it be more appropriate if they were all wearing black-framed glasses and loosely-knotted ties?

i mean, c'mon, we can't all be hipsters. some of us aren't "ironic" enough. ;)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    For a minute I thought that was a joke picture. That is real?
    It looks like Slash, the Edge, Rod Stewart and a couple others.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    Nothing worth crying over. If you love Weilands denim bound nut sack, thats cool. Maybe he will let you touch it at the next show.

You are the one crying over what they are wearing, so much so that you had to post this twice. Now you are talking about Weiland's nut sack, you're obsession is becoming scary!
  • Isn't that Ben Stiller on the far left?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • peepspeeps Posts: 79
    how is this comedy?
  • Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    That video is horrible.
    Video was bad.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I third that turd
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?