Make yourselves familiar with Liam Finn!

otis mcflusterotis mcfluster Posts: 536
edited February 2008 in Other Music
The man is bad ass!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• when will good bands come back to indiana?
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Form his myspace ... found this amusing .....

"The Formula"

Elliott Smith - Dispair + A Leprechaun = Liam Finn
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Form his myspace ... found this amusing .....

"The Formula"

Elliott Smith - Dispair + A Leprechaun = Liam Finn
    I missed that--it is pretty funny.
  • word! 'i'll be lightening' is a great album, i've had 'second chance' lodged in my cerebellum the past couple of days :) i saw him open for crowded house at one of the shows last year, looking forward to seeing him again this time around!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I like his new sound. The Chumbawamba thing didn't do it for me. I wish he'd come here. Maybe he'll make the ACL Festival in September. That would be uber sweet if he and PJ played on the same day.
  • he's great. seen him multiple times.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Apparently, Liam Finn is the son of artist Neil Finn, with whom Ed did some work with back in 2001... I thought this was an interesting tidbit of information!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Apparently, Liam Finn is the son of artist Neil Finn, with whom Ed did some work with back in 2001... I thought this was an interesting tidbit of information!

You are correct sir. Actually, you should rent the 7 World's Collide dvd if you haven't seen it. Or buy it. It's probably my favorite music dvd. Liam was in a punky rock band when that was made, and Ed played with them on a few songs. He sounds a lot more like his dad now. Check it out!
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Is he leaving his tour with The Weakerthans in order to tour with Ed?

These dates would seem impossible for him to play, flying coast-to-coast multiple times in a two week span.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • gabers wrote:
    You are correct sir. Actually, you should rent the 7 World's Collide dvd if you haven't seen it. Or buy it. It's probably my favorite music dvd. Liam was in a punky rock band when that was made, and Ed played with them on a few songs. He sounds a lot more like his dad now. Check it out!
    absolutely, get 7 worlds collide, both CD and DVD. i LOVE it....i'm a huge neil fan so of course i'm biased :p lol
  • Apparently, Liam Finn is the son of artist Neil Finn, with whom Ed did some work with back in 2001... I thought this was an interesting tidbit of information!
    Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GnCOxhKo6I
  • felixfelix Posts: 19
    I was able to catch Liam Finn last night in Minneapolis. Great show, he plays with a lot energy and he had friend/vocalist with him. Her name was E.J. I believe. Those two created a lot of intense music and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I highly recommended catching his show if you can. And if you are able to make it to eddie's tour, I'd suggest showing up early to watch this charismatic kiwi play.
    Sorry... i got nothing witty to say in the time allotted to me.

• felix wrote:
    I was able to catch Liam Finn last night in Minneapolis. Great show, he plays with a lot energy and he had friend/vocalist with him. Her name was E.J. I believe. Those two created a lot of intense music and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I highly recommended catching his show if you can. And if you are able to make it to eddie's tour, I'd suggest showing up early to watch this charismatic kiwi play.
    I have yet to see him live--very much looking forward to seeing him with Ed. He was on letterman last week. Here is his dope performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2-EGFS4-ck
  • I'm digging this EJ Barnes gal--dropping mad science on the banjo for crying out loud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNMhHSPGTmo&feature=related

edit* more good stuff from Liam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjFDKpj2wV8&feature=related
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    liam Finn's band betchadupa opened for pj in 2003 for their australian tour. along with johnny maher and the healers.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but here is a link to listen to Liam's set at SXSW: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88185132
  • Glad to hear our friends in Vancouver enjoy brother Finn. Really looking forward to catching him with Ed in LA.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but here is a link to listen to Liam's set at SXSW: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=88185132

I saw a different set he did at SXSW on DirecTV's channel 101 ... it was an amazing set. Thanks for this!

I actually found out I've seen Liam Finn before (kind of) ... he was actually in with his dad and the rest of Crowded House when CH played Coachella a few years back ...

I am really looking forward to his set next week!

I really feel a lot of folks that catch the opener on this mini tour will be saying "I saw Liam Finn when ... " in a few years
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    great solo debut, pretty clever way to pull it off live too, just gets a little predictable after a while. hat off to him though, good to see a kiwi making musical waves, another finn at that :)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones