Ultimate Douche Bag Rock Band

otis mcflusterotis mcfluster Posts: 536
edited April 2008 in Other Music
So I was just on stereogum, and they had a picture of Janes Addiction with Dave Nevarro, and that got me thinking; "hey that Dave Nevarro sure is a champion douche bag."

And that got me to thinking, "hey I wonder what the ultimate douche bag rock band would look like?" Kinda like the Voltron of douche bag parts.

Here is what I've got:

Lead vocals: Scott Weiland
Lead guitar: Dave Nevarro
Rythm guitar: Deryck "Bizzy D" Whibley
Drums: Tommy Lee
Bass: *Pete Wentz, Mark Hoppus is on holiday
Keyboard: John Tesh
Backup vocals: Chris Cornell, Scott Sapp, & Courtney Love

*edit
Label and management: Billy Corgan & Lars Ulrich
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Scott Stapp would have to bee the lead singer. Any other answer is wrong. It is not imo either. It's a fact. :)
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Lars Ulrich on drums and maybe Axl Rose could get to sing a song or two. Eddie Van Halen on rythm guitar.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I think Billy Corgan deserves to be mentioned somewhere....
  • Don't forget Liam Gallagher and Pete Wentz.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • All good points, let's put Lars and Billy on the label & managment team. That way than can go around pissing and moaning about this horrible new age fandangled album distribution technology and fight the file sharring bastards.
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    "hey I wonder what the ultimate douche bag rock band would look like?"
    I thought this band was called buckcherry?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Chad Kroeger on vox. Definitely.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Lukin66 wrote:
    I thought this band was called buckcherry?

Super Joke 47!:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Not even thinking about music or anything as a category, Bono is the biggest douche bag ever. He completes the bill so well that I compare all other douche bags to him. I love U2 and find Bono entertaining, he's just a huge douche.
  • whulmef wrote:
    Not even thinking about music or anything as a category, Bono is the biggest douche bag ever. He completes the bill so well that I compare all other douche bags to him. I love U2 and find Bono entertaining, he's just a huge douche.

Not really. Overexposed, and over-praised? Yes. Douche? Nah. Run him down for getting a lot of publicity, but he's getting it for the right reasons, at least.
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    "hey that Dave Nevarro sure is a champion douche bag."

lol@ champion douche bag. And good call. That title really suits him.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    ; "hey that Dave Nevarro sure is a champion douche bag."

did you see him on that rockstar show? what an idiot.

- the winner takes home the Jared Leto trophy.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    This seems like a pretty craptacular lineup:

Vox - Axl Rose, w/ guest vox by Fred Durst
    Guitar - EVH
    Rythm Guitar - Dave Navarro, w/ guest spot by Dave Mustaine, to make things interesting w/ the drummer
    Bass - Ben Shepard (love Soundgarden, and he's a great bass player, but he was a pretty big jerk in concert)
    Drums - Lars, by a mile
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Ultimate Douche Bag Rock Band = oasis
  • did you see him on that rockstar show? what an idiot.

- the winner takes home the Jared Leto trophy.
    Damn, how could I forget Jared Leto. That guy is world class douche.

I guess we can put him in charge of wardrobe. Fingerless gloves and guy liner are certainly douche bag hallmarks.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Damn, how could I forget Jared Leto. That guy is world class douche.

I guess we can put him in charge of wardrobe. Fingerless gloves and guy liner are certainly douche bag hallmarks.

What did Leto do to qualify being a douche, other than his appearance? Apparently 30STM are really good to their fans - do lots of long meet and greets and stuff.

I would like to throw Paul McCartney in there, the grand-daddy of smug bastard douche-baggery!
  • I guess if you consider punching your fans in the face with a microphone being really good to your fans, check the 3:55 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvYEvOFxwU
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    cutback wrote:
    Ultimate Douche Bag Rock Band = oasis
    haha, don't let pjoasisrule hear you say that :p
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • I guess if you consider punching your fans in the face with a microphone being really good to your fans, check the 3:55 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvYEvOFxwU

I'm sorry but if I was being pulled down in the middle of singing I might have lightly smacked the person to. I'm sure the person who got hit had more bruises from being in the pit all day then from that punch.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lukin66 wrote:
    haha, don't let pjoasisrule hear you say that :p

:D

well he's on a timeout but i'm sure i'll feel the wrath one day :D
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I guess if you consider punching your fans in the face with a microphone being really good to your fans, check the 3:55 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvYEvOFxwU

Maybe they squeezed his nuts or something?! I can't imagine he just hit some kid for nothing!
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    whulmef wrote:

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there. A friend of mine was lucky enough to meet Bono and get a photo with him in London a couple of years ago and said he was a fantastic guy, and also quite humble despite his bigger-than-life public persona.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    What did Leto do to qualify being a douche, other than his appearance? Apparently 30STM are really good to their fans - do lots of long meet and greets and stuff.

I would like to throw Paul McCartney in there, the grand-daddy of smug bastard douche-baggery!
    You should've seen McCartney on Larry King Live protesting the seal hunt. Newfoundland premier Danny Williams was also on the show, both were via satellite. Williams asked him to come to NL to debate the seal hunt and McCartney told him he was in NL. He wasn't. He was in P.E.I. Neither he or Heather Mills knew anything about what the subject they were speaking on.
  • So I was just on stereogum, and they had a picture of Janes Addiction with Dave Nevarro, and that got me thinking; "hey that Dave Nevarro sure is a champion douche bag."

And that got me to thinking, "hey I wonder what the ultimate douche bag rock band would look like?" Kinda like the Voltron of douche bag parts.

Here is what I've got:

Lead vocals: Scott Weiland
    Lead guitar: Dave Nevarro
    Rythm guitar: Deryck "Bizzy D" Whibley
    Drums: Tommy Lee
    Bass: *Pete Wentz, Mark Hoppus is on holiday
    Keyboard: John Tesh
    Backup vocals: Chris Cornell, Scott Sapp, & Courtney Love

*edit
    Label and management: Billy Corgan & Lars Ulrich

janes additction and dave nivarro are great
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows