Living Colour

Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Saw these guys back in 1993 and imo were way ahead of their time. Just started to listen to them again after a few years and Stain is a 90's classic.
London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I'm a cult of personality.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Too bad these guys broke-up, one of my favorite bands at that time.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Corey Glover was in Platoon as well as fronting Living Colour.

He has a few movie credits to his name.

Glamour Boys is a cool track too.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Time's Up was a great record as well. Glover had a great voice... I still think the lead singer for Sevendust kinda sounds like him.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    CServant wrote:
    Actually they're still at it. Did you hear the album "calleidoscope". Pretty good stuff. Their cover of AC DCs "back in black" is really fuckin cool.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
    cornnifer wrote:
    Actually they're still at it. Did you hear the album "calleidoscope". Pretty good stuff. Their cover of AC DCs "back in black" is really fuckin cool.

Thanks for the 4-1-1 cornnifer, I'll have to check it out! I had no idea they had something new out, but our radio stations here aren't exactly the best on new music, unless it's Top 40/American Idol/Casey Kasem kinda stuff.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    CServant wrote:
    Thanks for the 4-1-1 cornnifer, I'll have to check it out! I had no idea they had something new out, but our radio stations here aren't exactly the best on new music, unless it's Top 40/American Idol/Casey Kasem kinda stuff.
    Its a couple years old actually. Worth checking out. i've read that they are currently touring. Doug Pinnick from king's x is filling in for glover while he travels with "Jesus Christ Superstar", but i've read rumors of another album before too long. :)
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
    cornnifer wrote:
    Its a couple years old actually. Worth checking out. i've read that they are currently touring. Doug Pinnick from king's x is filling in for glover while he travels with "Jesus Christ Superstar", but i've read rumors of another album before too long. :)

I think that AC/DC cover might have been on a Greatest Hits album or something now that you say it's a couple years old. And I knew Corey Glover was doing some stage show, good call on the "J.C.-Superstar!" They need Glover and Vernon Reid if they're going to carry on, IMO.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Saw them in 1989 at the Ritz in NYC. They blew the roof of the joint. Awesome, awesome show.
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Vivid was actually the first CD I ever bought.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Yeah they were great

So was Vernon Reid's first solo work.. Saw him live, what a guitarist. the place however was dead. it was too bad..
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    CServant wrote:
    I think that AC/DC cover might have been on a Greatest Hits album or something now that you say it's a couple years old. And I knew Corey Glover was doing some stage show, good call on the "J.C.-Superstar!" They need Glover and Vernon Reid if they're going to carry on, IMO.

"back in black" is off of their 2003 release, collideoscope, on sanctuary records. they toured for awhile after it came out, and they were amazing. hope to hear something else from them soon!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    I saw them on the Staind tour in 1993 as well; awesome show. All four of them are very talented, and they each got a chance to show off their stuff during the show. Bad Brains (the version without HR) opened up for them.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    Vivid was actually the first CD I ever bought.

That's funny - "Time's Up" was the first CD I ever bought and is still one of my favorites. I was pissed when I found out that they played a show with King's X at Virginia Tech when I was in high school and I didn't hear about it until years later.
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    CServant wrote:

they got back together last year - they played a couple of dates in the uk.