Options

Bad Radio

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited August 2008 in The Porch
So I was thinking the other day as I saw a coming attraction for that movie The Rocker(he gets booted from the band) with Dwight from the office in it. Do you think the guys from Bad Radio where pissed when Eddie left and went to Seattle? I mean do you think it was a conversation like, look I am just going up to check these guys out I don't think anything will come of it but I just want to check them out. Or do you think it was, guys I just got a tape from the some former Mother Love Bone members and they want me to come up and jam with them. What should I do?
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    i cant remember what the chronology of events was, im sure it said in 5 against 1, but maybe Ed had already left them when Jack sent him the tape.

Wiki says: Vedder's last show with Bad Radio was February 11, 1990. After Vedder left, original band vocalist Keith Wood replaced him, and the band relocated to Hollywood, where the band was joined by a new drummer, Dawn Richardson. Richardson would later join the 4 Non Blondes.

PJ's first show was 8 months later, so it happened pretty quick. Pretty amazing he went from leaving a band, pumpin gas, to heading PJ.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    The guys from Bad Radio were never pissed nor upset. They had felt privelaged and honored as they knew when they first got Ed as a singer that he was lightyears ahead of them and it was only a matter of time until he made it big.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    nobody really knows how it went except for those people that were there.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    smith2rsmith2r Posts: 27
    um.. really?

The guys from Bad Radio were never pissed nor upset. They had felt privelaged and honored as they knew when they first got Ed as a singer that he was lightyears ahead of them and it was only a matter of time until he made it big.
  • Options

I don't know about never being pissed or upset. I mean if they where still together when Ed left then I could see them being a little pissed. Think about it, they where in a band making music playing out, getting the band name out there. I mean its not easy to build up steam when you are in a band and if there was any steam built up Eddie left to play with another group.
    Don't get me wrong that happens all the time and they may not have been going anywhere but still, they wrote music together and put tracks down so they had some vested interest in the band.

Like I said, if Eddie was already out of the band at that point then none of this took place anyway so it doesn't really matter.

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    yoke wrote:
    I don't know about never being pissed or upset. I mean if they where still together when Ed left then I could see them being a little pissed. Think about it, they where in a band making music playing out, getting the band name out there. I mean its not easy to build up steam when you are in a band and if there was any steam built up Eddie left to play with another group.
    Don't get me wrong that happens all the time and they may not have been going anywhere but still, they wrote music together and put tracks down so they had some vested interest in the band.

Like I said, if Eddie was already out of the band at that point then none of this took place anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Ed didn't leave Bad Radio to go to another band. He spent seven/eight months after leaving Bad Radio pumping gas before he got Stone's demo from Jack Irons.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Options
    Ed didn't leave Bad Radio to go to another band. He spent seven/eight months after leaving Bad Radio pumping gas before he got Stone's demo from Jack Irons.

like i said, i didn't know if he left before or not and if he did then this is not an issue.

www.seanbrady.net