edited October 2006 in Other Music
'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy' - Tom Waits
--
Free the West Memphis Three!
http://www.wm3.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sounds pretty good!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Awful. I really think it's straight-forward, old man's 'safe' rock. I can't believe he was a legend of grunge - it's like it never happened. Sorry, just MO.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Yeah it seems a little straight forward, but I'm sure that's what the movie fuckers wanted. The solo disc will be different... I hope. Just glad Chris still has the voice. I was getting worried after hearing Audioslave's second disc
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • I'm not impressed. The only great Bond theme remains "Live And Let Die" by Paul McCartney & Wings.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    sounds good for a Bond theme. but i was expecting more from Chris.
  • Sounds pretty boring.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Awful. I really think it's straight-forward, old man's 'safe' rock. I can't believe he was a legend of grunge - it's like it never happened. Sorry, just MO.

...and I agree. Chris Cornell has become so french. Once a longhaired grungerocker from seatlle now a welldressed sellout living in paris...I´ll bet he´s a vegetarian
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • ehhh... yah... doesnt do much for me... im really looking forward to his upcoming solo album... hope its nothing like this...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • lars wrote:
    ......I´ll bet he´s a vegetarian

kinda like Vedder and a few others from Pearl jam?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • lars wrote:
    ...and I agree. Chris Cornell has become so french. Once a longhaired grungerocker from seatlle now a welldressed sellout living in paris...I´ll bet he´s a vegetarian

What the hell has anyone being a vegetarian got to do with it?!!

Maybe he just grew up and found what he was looking for. After all most of the men and women from the Seattle era have now changed in many ways :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • What the hell has anyone being a vegetarian got to do with it?!!

Maybe he just grew up and found what he was looking for. After all most of the men and women from the Seattle era have now changed in many ways :)
    yah... id say cobain has probably changed the most drastically...

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    sorry but the most entertaining thing about the full version is the cat at end. LOL.

song is not horrible but subpar for Chris.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I just reached 6000 posts. Cool. Still a Rival though.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I'm not impressed. The only great Bond theme remains "Live And Let Die" by Paul McCartney & Wings.

I hope you're kidding. Paul's solo work is laughable.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • uhh, that screaming at the end sounds pretty bad...and normally he makes screaming listenable...but his vocal quality is diminished...
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    can't we all at least admit that it's better than anything on the new audioslave disc? I'm looking very forward to the new solo disc.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The melody is classic bond. Chris is getting American Idol syntrome in his old age...keeps moving the notes around instead of singing the song straight up and down.

I don't think it's second best to Live and Let Die. Goldfinger is the best one of all IMO, followed by Live and Let Die (hard to go wrong with McCa and George Martin). A View to a Kill is pretty damned good too. Then there's Nobody Does it Better...which would have been a hit for Carly Simon even if it wasn't the theme to a Bond movie.

I think this one will rate somewhere around A View To A Kill, but fall way short of Goldfinger or Live and Let Die as far as theme soungs go.

Tell you who I'd like to hear team up for a theme...Rufus Wainwright and Jon Brion. If not for Bond, than definitely for Sweeney Todd.
  • yeah,..the solo album is coming!!!!!!!
    he plays with the ex-eleven in this album?????
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIeCB7V4Gp8

I think someone might have done this already..I apologize. But that's the full version.

The song is okay..still has to grow on me. But like someone said, it's not the roots of Chris Cornell in that song.

But for Pete's sake, who's the actor??? Looks to much like Frank Gershin (sp) from the old Batman series...The Riddler character! Why couldn't they gotten Ralph Fiennes instead????? *swoon*
    Where is Lowlight?
    Neruda25 wrote:
    yeah,..the solo album is coming!!!!!!!
    he plays with the ex-eleven in this album?????

As far as I know, no. BTW, Eleven are still together...thank God. :D
  • definitely NOT what I was expecting...I was expecting it to be good.
    I "waved to all my friends" at:
    Toronto 22/08/98 - Toronto 05/10/00 - Buffalo 02/05/03 - Toronto 28/06/03 - Montreal 29/06/03 - Kitchener 11/09/05 - London 12/09/05- Hamilton 13/09/05 - Montreal 15/09/05 - Ottawa 16/09/05 - Toronto 19/09/05 - Toronto 09/05/06 - Toronto 10/05/06 - Toronto 21/08/09
  • PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    Typical Bond-last-era-theme.

Even though I like Cornell's voice in this one, more than last Audioslave's album.
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
    It grows on ya :). I like it now...lol
  • I think that once you get over the arrangement, Chris' voice starts to come out and it does sound real nice ;)
  • enharmonic wrote:
    It grows on ya :). I like it now...lol
    oh i like it well enough... like all chris' stuff... it just isnt the best ive heard from him... tho i shouldnt expect much from a bond theme song... the voice sounds pretty strong overall...

• larslars Posts: 524
    What the hell has anyone being a vegetarian got to do with it?!!

• Best Bond theme ever is "All time high" from Octopussy. Just so you know. ;)
  • LBC1076LBC1076 Posts: 224
    BeBe wrote:
    But for Pete's sake, who's the actor??? Looks to much like Frank Gershin (sp) from the old Batman series...The Riddler character! Why couldn't they gotten Ralph Fiennes instead????? *swoon*

The actor is Daniel Craig, he was in Munich, Road to Perdition and Layer Cake, if you haven't seen Layer Cake I recommend it, much like Snatch and Lock, Stock, just without the hokieness.

They are apparently going to start with Bond's early missions.
  • For what it is, I think its really good. It definitely has the Bond element and I think it fits the new direction the franchise looks like they're going with the new 007 in Daniel Craig.

Compared to other Cornell songs, well thats another story.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.