dredg

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited September 2007 in Other Music
are there any dredg fans here?

they're in my top 3 favorite bands.

i'm a firm believer that their album, El Cielo, is the greatest album ever recorded on disc.
Call me crazy, but I sincerely feel that way.

discuss.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• El Cielo is a really nice album. Some beautiful songs on there. And Dredg is most definitely an underrated band. Best album ever recorded though? It wouldn't be in my top 100. However, it's really cool that you've connected with it in that way.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like them but i'm not as big of a fan as you. el cielo is a great album.

I had the pleasure of seeing them live and the show was electric.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Dredg is a really cool band. Both Liemotiff and El Cielo are solid albums.
    If you haven't already check out Oceansize, Effloresence and Everyone Into Postion are both great albums
  • I think CWA is their best record. It is a lot more mainstream than any of their other albums, but I think it definitely worked out for them... so many good songs on there. El Cielo is the one I first had heard from them, and had instantly liked... so I then picked up Leitmotif and eventually CWA came out... I just think CWA seems more focused than their other work, and also the lyrics are awesome.

They are amazing live. Dino can really slam those drums, despite him only having a floor tom, snare, bassdrum, hi-hat, one or two cymbals, two toms, and I think that's almost his whole set... but when he plays a beat then plays piano, hah... that's fucking awesome. Definitely underrated.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • nice, i wasn't really sure if anyone on this board knew about them, but this is definitely a pleasent surprise.

and to the guy who mentioned Oceansize, yeah great band. i enjoy them alot. seeing them live next month.

talking about live...have any of you experienced dredg live? sadly, i haven't... but i hope the day will come.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    i was lucky enough to see them in 05 when they opened for coheed and cambria, i dodnt even know that they were playing, def the highlight of the show!

love their albums, prolly THE most underated band around.

they're touring the west coast and have an album coming out soon, hope they tour out east!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    seeing them live next month.

talking about live...have any of you experienced dredg live? sadly, i haven't... but i hope the day will come.
    They are very very good live. I was impressed. They play passionately espcially the singer.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Well with their new material starting to surface, I think they have a tour coming up to show them off.. in this month to October over on the west coast? Then, the new album will come out and they'll do a States tour.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • intodeep wrote:
    They are very very good live. I was impressed. They play passionately espcially the singer.

Ahh awesome....
  • nice, i wasn't really sure if anyone on this board knew about them, but this is definitely a pleasent surprise.

and to the guy who mentioned Oceansize, yeah great band. i enjoy them alot. seeing them live next month.

They are one of the best live small club shows out there right now. Dredg is amazing on wax and on stage. They're 1000 times better than most bands regularly mentioned in this thread.