New Incubus single!!!

2»

Comments

• Sounds kind of like the Police to me, which is pretty cool. Random bit of info, my sister used to work as a journalist and she once interviewed Incubus' drummer, and said she couldn't get him off the phone!!!
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    nice to see this many incubus fans!

on a random note, i think Jose Pasillas is such an underrated drummer. that man is insanely talented.

oh yeah I agree!! he is totally a kick ASS drummer and quite the joker as well :p
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • The less you know, the more you believe.
  • I love this single, I can't get it out of my head. I'm thinking this will be their greatest record yet, and Make Yourself is my favorite... might not be for long though.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • SkooledSkooled Posts: 147
    it's coming out november 28th.

and yeah, Morning View is a fantastic album and imo, their best one.

that is blasphemy, morning view was horrible
  • Skooled wrote:

Morning View will probably be their last good record. Their last record sucked, as does this new song. By no means do I want "Science 2," but their last record was just boring.
  • Skooled wrote:

Finally, someone on my level. Instrumentally, Morning View rocked... but lyrical content was just the most humdrum sappiest shit they've ever written. I still like Morning View, nonetheless, it's just not as good as ACLOTM, MY, or SCIENCE... you may say that A Crow Left of the Murder was lame because it was politically charged, it didn't rock, his voice is annoying now that it's a higher pitch, or that it was different from Morning View because most everyone just adores Morning View... but I have to say that ACLOTM is just amazing. It's my second favorite trailing behind MY, and mainly because I think it's got talent. Ben Kenney shows who he is on this album, and they were like starting anew with this guy. It was like their first album as a new band... and usually first album's for new bands aren't that good, most songs sound the same (not saying for every artist this is how it is, but they're trying to find who they are)... and I think with Light Grenades, they've found who they are, and it's going to rock the fucking house.
  • Has the album leaked yet? PM me anyone...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • No, not yet. I'd say around when the single is released next month? That's when it'll get leaked.
  • No, not yet. I'd say around when the single is released next month? That's when it'll get leaked.

*fingers crossed*
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Good song.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • The song is great.

"it sounds to much like thier new stuff. I WANT SCIENCE 2 DAMNIT. Redefine is my favourite incubus song"
    ---Ignorant post of the week. It sounds too much like ther new stuff?? I bet you stay awake wishing of Ten 2 too eh?

Morning view is my fav. I just think from start to finish it is a beautiful album.I see it as there "yield"

ACLOTM is also great. I love the style change that happened. The guitarwork is fantastic. I think the album could have been cut down by a couple tracks.

I think its sad that many people on this board cant appreciate how incubus has evolved and changed yet they praise and showcase Pearl jam and how they do it.

Mike Einziger just keeps raising his bar higher and higher.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    DieasGrey wrote:
    The song is great.

"it sounds to much like thier new stuff. I WANT SCIENCE 2 DAMNIT. Redefine is my favourite incubus song"
    ---Ignorant post of the week. It sounds too much like ther new stuff?? I bet you stay awake wishing of Ten 2 too eh?

Morning view is my fav. I just think from start to finish it is a beautiful album.I see it as there "yield"

ACLOTM is also great. I love the style change that happened. The guitarwork is fantastic. I think the album could have been cut down by a couple tracks.

I think its sad that many people on this board cant appreciate how incubus has evolved and changed yet they praise and showcase Pearl jam and how they do it.

i never heard any of the early incubus albums. i got in with make yourself, which was fascinating, then morning view blew me away. i appreciated what they were trying to do with ACLOTM, it just seemed they didnt quite pull it off. granted, their guitarist really stepped up on that album and there were some great songs, but i felt like much of the rest of the album was kinda generic and same-sounding. sick sad little world and talk shows on mute were great, but the rest of the album failed to capture my interest. i hope this album steps up a notch. im not blown away by the single, not the way i was when i heard worldwide suicide or goin against your mind. but that doesnt mean the album wont be good.
  • Nice!! thanks, I really like it! this is probably the album that I'm waiting the most!! I love this band, great single!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    DieasGrey wrote:
    The song is great.

I agree with you about incubus evolving over each album, and you can clearly hear that they have. I love all the albums, for different reasons, and I can't pick a favourite.

I really like this new single too. Can't wait for the album and the tour!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • The best single they've had in a while. It's a very good rock song.

Incubus' best album was Morning View, despite the lackluster lyrics. But Make Yourself had some truly awful lyrics ("To resist is to piss into the wind, anyone who does will end up smelling"). Make Yourself was also boring. SCIENCE had some cool songs, and their earlier albums were... interesting. A Crow Left of the Murder showed the band's technical abilities but the songwriting on many of the songs was lackluster. This new song (and another, A Kiss To Send Us Off) both are giving me some hope.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • Jerzdevil wrote:
    The best single they've had in a while. It's a very good rock song.

Incubus' best album was Morning View, despite the lackluster lyrics. But Make Yourself had some truly awful lyrics ("To resist is to piss into the wind, anyone who does will end up smelling"). Make Yourself was also boring. SCIENCE had some cool songs, and their earlier albums were... interesting. A Crow Left of the Murder showed the band's technical abilities but the songwriting on many of the songs was lackluster. This new song (and another, A Kiss To Send Us Off) both are giving me some hope.

Ummm......... die.
  • Jerzdevil wrote:
    This new song (and another, A Kiss To Send Us Off) both are giving me some hope.

Where did you hear this other one?