minus the bear

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited October 2006 in Other Music
it's ridiculous how awesome this band is!

any fans?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah i like em.. especially their song titles lol
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    YES...I LOVE MINUS THE BEAR! haven't seen them live yet...but I WILL. a VERY awesome band indeed.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    they played at a tiny tiny club right by where i work here in calgary... but i missed the show :( wasn't in town.. definetely wanna check em out though!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Awesome band. Highly Refined Pirates and Menos El Oso are definite must-haves, as is the They Make Beer Commercials EP.
    The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
    And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    I've seen them twice. They are pretty good, not mind blowing though. I listen to the first 5 songs on HRP about everyday. I'm surprised they aren't bigger.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I saw them live in a tiny club it was packed you had no room to move at all shoulder to shoulder with everyone and it was so awesome.

I really think these guys are underated. Love all their albums and they have the best song titles ever.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    I was planning on seeing them but I forgot the date and missed the show. But Minus the Bear is sweet I was scrolling through my music on my computer and came across Memphis And 53rd and I have no idea how it got there but im glad it was there.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I don't really dig on Menos El Oso much but Highly Refine dPirates is completely essential listening. "I los all my money at the cockfights" is gorgeous
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • yay, i wasnt expecting so many to dig these guys.

'They Make Beer Commercials Like This' is probably one of the greatest EP's i've heard.

'Fine + 2 pts' is such an awesome song.
  • Every song on "They Make Beer Commercials Like This" is very good. I love that band.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • i just saw them this past friday and wow, they are great!!!!!!!!!!! do u guys see any pj influence on them? I certainly do. THeir lead guitarist definitely has got pieces of mccready in him. what a show. i'll definitely see them again, asap!
  • Saw them this past Thursday at El Rey (Hollywood) with my great pal-around buddy. :) What a pleasantly surprising show (discounting the openers; sorry, but not my bag). Younger crowd, but that's cool with me... Excellent guitar work, and the band got tighter as the night wore on. Besides, who can resist a lime green t-shirt that says "MT Fucking B" on it? Not me. :D

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • EnigmaEnigma Posts: 59
    Is there any improvisation involved in their live shows? I love the drummer's jazzy technique and was wondering if they let him loose in concert.