Down

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited January 2008 in Other Music
What an awesome fucking band...

And I just found out they're coming to Denmark in march. YEAH!

Who else likes them?

Albums:

N.O.L.A.
II: A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
III: Over the Under

All of them are superb.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah i,m in-pepper keenan is one of my all time fave artists.going to brixton,should be great
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Down is awesome. saw them on the Down II tour, second show in Philly at the Troc.
  • eoboeobo Posts: 102
    caught them in Belfast on their last (and first) European tour. Already got tickets for Glasgow and Dublin this year, tempted to go to others.

Over the Under was even better than I could have possibly imagined, and those songs live will be undoubtedly immense
    heh, keep her lit.

Dublin, 23/08/2006 = Lifechanging! X D

Katowice, 13/06/2007 = Phenomenal = )

London, 18/06/2007 = Pretty darn sweet = )

London Poster Wanted, PM if you have one for sale = )
  • eobo wrote:
    caught them in Belfast on their last (and first) European tour. Already got tickets for Glasgow and Dublin this year, tempted to go to others.

Over the Under was even better than I could have possibly imagined, and those songs live will be undoubtedly immense

mmmm there not as good live as youd think(the songs on II i mean, not the band, the band is stellar) , i saw them in 06 and 07 and 06 was right before it came out the setlist was more Nola and II stuff it was much much better show 07 was more new stuff not as great of a show
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    was at manchester last time round and going again in april

I <3 Down ;-)
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    was at manchester last time round and going again in april

I <3 Down :D
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have NOLA and i just got III this weekend. Love both of them.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    How ironic I see this thread today.. I'm going to see them tonight in Pittsburgh! Never took the time to get into them... I'm going with some friends that are so hopefully after tonight I'll be fully converted!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Beav wrote:
    How ironic I see this thread today.. I'm going to see them tonight in Pittsburgh! Never took the time to get into them... I'm going with some friends that are so hopefully after tonight I'll be fully converted!

ah man! enjoy the show! fucking amazing live! and you hopefully will convert, they're amazing and Phil is a hellova front man :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

Phil is boss, all his bands are excellent.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599

My thoughts exactly. It was one of last year's top albums and I am looking forward to their concert in Buffalo next week.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'll hopefully catch them on this tour, I've never seen them before but I've been a fan for yeeears!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    new album kicks my ass every time. still need to check out their 2nd one. show sold out here a couple months ago so i'm still waiting to see them live.
  • Beav wrote:

So.... how were they? converted? :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...