I Don't Like Radiohead.

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I honestly think they're the most overrated rockband ever. Ever.

If I should use one word to describe their music, it would be; BORING!

I consider myself to be a fairly open-minded person when it comes to music, but I just completely fail to see the appeal of this band.

I've listened to most of their albums and I've felt absolutely nothing.

Am I the only one here?

And please, feel free to explain why they are regarded as one of the best bands today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    try one of the other threads
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Thread number 4 on said subject...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Do we really need another anti-Radiohead thread? it's getting boring. Fine, you don't like them. Use the search function and post your grievances in one of, oh I don't know, 10 other threads at least?

But to honour your request, I like them because they make music that appeals to me. simple as that.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Hmm, sorry about the repeated thread subject.

I had not noticed any other ones.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    There are plenty of people who dont like Radiohead according to some of the other threads. Why should a fan of a band have to explain to someone who doesnt like them why they consider a band they like to be good, or great, or the best band in the world, because if you dont like a band, then surely its going to be impossible for someone to merely explain their way to making someone else a fan! Everyone has different taste and opinions!! This reminds me of the Qotsa thread. I dont 'get' qotsa. Dont get them then!! There are plenty of bands i dont 'get' and i dont need explanations from fans about why they are good!! I just accept i dont like them!

Sorry but these threads make me laugh lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Do we really need another anti-Radiohead thread? it's getting boring. Fine, you don't like them. Use the search function and post your grievances in one of, oh I don't know, 10 other threads at least?

But to honour your request, I like them because they make music that appeals to me. simple as that.

Nail on head lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Hmm, sorry about the repeated thread subject.

I had not noticed any other ones.

you can pretty much expect one a week when a new album is out

I saw this trend when the new Pumpkins came out in the summer
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

I consider myself to be a fairly open-minded person when it comes to music, but I just completely fail to see the appeal of this band.

Am I the only one here?

And please, feel free to explain why they are regarded as one of the best bands today.
    I like alot or Radio heads music. I have all the albums of theirs except pablo honey and I need to get that at some point. :eek: I think the majority of each album is pretty solid and has some really cool stuff on it, but I don't like EVERY song they have ever written but I consider myself a pretty big fan. It took Radio head some time to grow on me to the fan level though.
    They are hailed as one of the best bands because for a 90's era band, their music was very unique and different. They didn't follow a mainstream trend like the majority of major labels want. There are bands today that do what they want and make music influeneced by radiohead but for Radio heads time it was unique breath of fresh air, the music they had created. In the states, they aren't from here, so when we get to see them live, the shows are garanteed a sellout here for sure, though they probably sell out everywhere.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    smarchee wrote:
    you can pretty much expect one a week when a new album is out

I saw this trend when the new Pumpkins came out in the summer
    It's kind of different though. People that dislike Radiohead treat fans as if they are part of some sort of conspiracy and that no one actually likes the music, they're just furthering some sort of evil Thom Yorke masterplan. It's ridiculous. Some people just like the music. I don't understand why people can't appreciate that.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'm not a fan. Just not my type of music but I've got heaps of respect for them.

Not so much for the In Rainbows thing though. It was a great idea but it seems pretty redundant to release it on CD and I-Tunes now. I think Trent Reznor had something to say about that, but I forget the quote...
  • I thought this was pretty fuckin hillarious
    http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Radiohead-Fan
    Let us proclaim the history of faith.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    spin spin wrote:
    I thought this was pretty fuckin hillarious
    http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Radiohead-Fan

Fantastic. :)
    I find Radioheads music dirge boring.But mostly can't stand Thom piss and moan York.He's a lucky man doing what he does (however boring I think it sounds) with thousands of other musicains and fans working to get the acclaim he and the band get and EVERY interview I have read/saw all he does is piss and moan about his privacy and dislike of the industry that has made him very wealthy.
    Ed got caught in this trap of decryiny his fame in the past but never with as much zeal as Thom York.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Don't know what to tell you, except that I honestly think they are the absolute best in music. The music just sounds CRAZY FUCKING GOOD to me. And, IMO, they deserve all the credit they get. Love Thom's voice, love the arrangements of the songs. I think they are the best ever at being ambient, atmospheric while remaining good rock songs. They are like Pink Floyd, but a million times better, IMO. And thats all it can be really - opinion. I know so many people that love Nickleback and I've listened to them plenty and with open mind. Its just too simple for me and I don't like the voice - I just don't get Nickleback. I guess like you don't get Radiohead. Seems so strange, out of this world that someone wouldn't like Radiohead, but ......

Still I don't need someone to tell me why they would like Tool or Kiss or Nickleback.

What I like about these kind of threads is they usually turn into appreciation threads. Especially if they are a much appreciated band. And I'd say Radiohead is in the top 5 or at least top 10 of liked bands here.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

Am I the only one here?

not being rude but i bet Radiohead couldnt give a fuck if you liked them or not
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    not being rude but i bet Radiohead couldnt give a fuck if you liked them or not

No shit.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    No shit.

thats right
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I respect them, but I don't personally like their music.
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    In Rainbows is in my top 5 all time favourite albums.....

I cant understand the 'Radiohead are boring argument', its such a stale statement....theyre anything BUT boring.....fair dos you dont like them, theres nothing wrong with that, but musically, to me as a musician also, they come up with some of the most interesting sounds out there.....

Here's some bands I find boring MUSICALLY- Kiss, Nickelshit, Creed etc to me THAT is boring, same old riffs, posing in videos etc.....but then again Im the sort of person who prefers No Code to Ten and Vs so what do i know.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968

Am I the only one here?

They suck. In Rainbows sucks. Big time. Radiohead sucks.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i love radiohead.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    stu gee wrote:
    There are plenty of people who dont like Radiohead according to some of the other threads. Why should a fan of a band have to explain to someone who doesnt like them why they consider a band they like to be good, or great, or the best band in the world, because if you dont like a band, then surely its going to be impossible for someone to merely explain their way to making someone else a fan! Everyone has different taste and opinions!! This reminds me of the Qotsa thread. I dont 'get' qotsa. Dont get them then!! There are plenty of bands i dont 'get' and i dont need explanations from fans about why they are good!! I just accept i dont like them!

Sorry but these threads make me laugh lol

you are so right, mate!!!
    I am a proud Radiohead fanatic but I have stopped trying to convert people into Radiohead fans. I don't give a fuck who likes them - noone could stop me loving their music! :) 2 years ago I finally got to see them in Budapest and they were as fantastic as I had expected!!!
    However I still haven't heard In Rainbows because I want to buy the CD to make my Radiohead collection complete!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • I respect them, but I don't personally like their music.
    i feel the same way.

Kinda reminds me of the scene on Zoolander....
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • I'm not obsessed with radiohead, I do own all the albums and consider them one o' my favourite bands

Just listen to pyramid song a FEW times and maybe you might understand :)
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • ****WARNING********USELESS POST

I don't consider myself a radiohead fan by any means but I listen to the Bends and their new one all the time. That's all I have to say on radiohead. Like em or not, "Bones" is a kick ass song.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 460
    everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i think they are best band in the history of music.

fo real
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I've found them to definitely be an acquired taste but once their music gets under your skin it's unforgettable and addictive. That, to me, makes them great.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Azwethinkweiz's opinions regarding Radiohead and King Crimson are bang-on.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I dig their first three albums and don't like much after that since they abandoned their guitars. I haven't heard In Rainbows yet.

Flame away. :)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    I dig their first three albums and don't like much after that since they abandoned their guitars. I haven't heard In Rainbows yet.

Flame away. :)

Well check it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996