Miles Davis

AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I simply love his music.

Kind of Blue, Bitches Brew, Birth of the Cool, Sketches of Spain, Nefertiti...the list goes on.

Anyone else a fan?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    KInd of Blue is one of my all time fav albums. The only other one I have is Milestones at the min but i'm in the market for sketches of spain.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Birth of Cool.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I have Kind of Blue in SACD format. Sounds fantastic.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Love Miles although I prefer Coltrane. Kind of Blue is the definitive jazz record, even if it isn't my favourite. I also love In a silent way, Tribute to Jack Johnson, Bitches Brew, Live-Evil.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    He perhaps was the most talented musician in the last 100 years.

I own:
    A Tribute to Jack Johnson
    Birth of Cool
    Bitches Brew
    In A Silent Way
    Kind of Blue
    Miles Smiles
    My Funny Valentine
    Relaxin
    Round About Midnight
    Sketches of Spain

I think the one i want to get next is his Filmore show that he opened for Neil Young at.

It is awesome how his music helped shape jazz so much!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22