• Regina Spektor :)

Love her!
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    The Plant/Krauss cd.
    Niel Young, Chrome Dreams II.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Regina Spektor :)

Love her!

oh I think I heard her once. who is the british girl who sings about her drunk ass boyfriend puking on her trainers? I like her too.

what about rock bands? anyone?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    a flogging molly CD
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81
    The Redwalls - The Redwalls
    Editors - An End Has A Start, The Back Room
    Anything by Explosions In The Sky
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • oh I think I heard her once. who is the british girl who sings about her drunk ass boyfriend puking on her trainers? I like her too.

what about rock bands? anyone?

That'd be Kate Nash, then. As for rock bands, the Twilight Singers are a big favourite of mine.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The White Stripes - Icky Thump
    The Black Crowes - Warpaint (it'll be out soon)
    Brian
  • Foo Fighters' newest cd, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, is awesome. It is one of the few recent cd's that I can listen to from beginning to end and love every minute of it.
  • Rapunzel64 wrote:
    Foo Fighters' newest cd, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, is awesome. It is one of the few recent cd's that I can listen to from beginning to end and love every minute of it.

oh god, this is my favorite cd at least in the last 10 years. absolutely amazing. I'm going to see them on the 18th, can't wait!
  • Back Door Slam - Rollaway
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • definitely pick up The Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath. It's their best album to date, and right now, is the best album of of 2008 (out of all the cd's released so far)
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    jamie uk wrote:
    The Plant/Krauss cd.
    Niel Young, Chrome Dreams II.
    There's two winners for ya....can't go wrong with either one.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
    Feist - The Reminder
    The Killers - Sawdust
    Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    Radiohead - In Rainbows
  • oh god, this is my favorite cd at least in the last 10 years. absolutely amazing. I'm going to see them on the 18th, can't wait!

I saw them January 22 and the show was great. They really connected with the fans. You are really going to go crazy! They played on two separate stages and didn't quit until midnight. They really mixed up the music, playing most of the new songs along with a lot of their old stuff.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Band Of Horses ~ cease to negin
    Feist ~ Reminder
    Against Me! ~ New Wave
  • Dredg - Catch Without Arms
    Tricky - Vulnerable
    Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
    Clutch - Beale Street To Oblivion
  • Imogen Heap
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • wow cool I'll have to check out which ones I might want tonight. I've been somewhat out of the music loop lately. some of these I have, some I've heard of, others I never heard of before.
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    pearl jam
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • well this is what I ended up getting:

-the pixies - doolittle. I've never been able to get into the pixies, and I've been told it's because I don't have this album. like it so far.

-ozzy osbourne - no more tears. weird choice, yes. I remember loving this album back when it came out but never bought it. my brother's been into lately and told me I should get it.

-Kate Nash- made of bricks. I'll probably like this album and never listen to it again. you need to get some of those sometimes.

-the editors - the end has a start. listened to this one last night. it's ok, I like some of it and really got annoyed with the rest.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    well this is what I ended up getting:

-the pixies - doolittle. I've never been able to get into the pixies, and I've been told it's because I don't have this album. like it so far.

-ozzy osbourne - no more tears. weird choice, yes. I remember loving this album back when it came out but never bought it. my brother's been into lately and told me I should get it.

-Kate Nash- made of bricks. I'll probably like this album and never listen to it again. you need to get some of those sometimes.

-the editors - the end has a start. listened to this one last night. it's ok, I like some of it and really got annoyed with the rest.
    i don't really like "the end has a start" either..."the back room" is my personal fav.
    the kate nash cd doesn't seem like a timeless classic to me either...i've been listening to it the past couple days. it's good, but her voice reminds me too much of lily allen.
    happy listening...and happy belated b-day :)
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Saturnal wrote:
    Tricky - Vulnerable
    Good on yer!! Though better to start with the mesmerising masterpiece that is 'Maxinquaye'!!
  • Social Distortion -Sex, Love & Rock n' Roll or The White album by them (personal fav of Mike McCready and James Hetfield)... but at the time they made those statements the Sex, Love & rock n roll wasnt out yet. Great rock record.Im my personal opinion one of the best rock records ever..
    "What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"-Magic hat bottle cap
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Baroness - The Red Album
  • get the new Drive By Truckers cd, "Brighter than Creations Darks" some of their best material yet and is 21523525x better than "A Blessing and a Curse"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    well this is what I ended up getting:

I am seeing the Editors on Saturday....they have some nice melodies, and the singer has a great voice.

Hot Hot Heat is opening...always sad to see a band that got too big too fast dropping down to opening-act status! (and this isn't some big stadium or arena show!)
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am seeing the Editors on Saturday....they have some nice melodies, and the singer has a great voice.

Hot Hot Heat is opening...always sad to see a band that got too big too fast dropping down to opening-act status! (and this isn't some big stadium or arena show!)

Hot Hot Heat were absolutely terrible, I had a hard time sitting through that crap before Editors
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Hot Hot Heat were absolutely terrible, I had a hard time sitting through that crap before Editors

did you have to suffer thru Louis XIV as well?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    did you have to suffer thru Louis XIV as well?

Yes, they were alittle better but both were dreadful to sit through
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Yes, they were alittle better but both were dreadful to sit through

Hopefully the GF wil be cool with getting there a bit late!