smashing pumpkins - drown

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited February 2008 in Other Music
something about that guitar riff in this song that just like comes out of nowhere and kicks your ass...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    something about that guitar riff in this song that just like comes out of nowhere and kicks your ass...

It might be my favorite Pumpkin song. It never gets old. You're right, that's a heavenly solo.
  • Pumpkins B-Sides are as good as A-Sides.
    Love Drown!
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Such an awesome song, one of my favorites from them and I love the guitar as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Good tune.

I gotta say the riffs on Geek USA and Ode To No One kick my ass more though.
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Good tune.

I gotta say the riffs on Geek USA and Ode To No One kick my ass more though.

the whole album is just plain incredible. I can't believe I never really realized it when it came out. I had it and everything, but I just never thought much about smashing pumpkins until like, I dunno, 6-8 years ago...
  • the whole album is just plain incredible. I can't believe I never really realized it when it came out. I had it and everything, but I just never thought much about smashing pumpkins until like, I dunno, 6-8 years ago...
    Yep, same with me...I didn't start listening to them until '02 or so.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    A beautiful song.Their best without doubt.Worked really well on the Singles soundtrack.
    I only ever saw them play it live once.It was at the Glasgow Barrowlands on 18th September 93.Towards the end of the set they launched into it.I thought my heart was going to stop I was so excited.It would have been a wonderful time to die if it had.Luckily I was able to continue to be obsessed by the Pumpkins.But in my mind they would never sound greater than that night.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • It's my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • I have nothing to say that the others didn't, but this song is so great I thought I would post anyways :D
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • This and Mayonaise are their best songs IMO.

I love this track.
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I too love this track. First time i heard it was way back in the day when i purchased the singles soundtrack.

I also agree that Mayo is all sorts of awesome too :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    No matter where you are, I can still hear you when you drown
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto