Anyone know where I can get a cheap copy of the QOTSA self titled album?

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Okay so basically a friend lent me his copy and I've gone and lost it. Apparently it's quite rare so I'm quite fucked, I think. Anyone know where I can get a cheap copy? I've seen one go for £100...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• half.com maybe? i see one for like $36 there.
  • You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Kann wrote:

How legit is that site, looks fairly shabbby in design, but if someone has used them and they're ok, I'm all over that at that price.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Kann wrote:

The original was on Loosegroove, that looks like a re-release on Roadrunner.
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    How legit is that site, looks fairly shabbby in design, but if someone has used them and they're ok, I'm all over that at that price.

Actually this was a site posted on the qotsa forums, didn't use it myself but a poster there said he bought his copy on that site.
    The original was on Loosegroove, that looks like a re-release on Roadrunner.
    I doubt the originals are still available.
    Anyway interscope is supposed to offer a re-re-release of that album someday, so maybe waiting a bit might be the way to go.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Kann wrote:
    Actually this was a site posted on the qotsa forums, didn't use it myself but a poster there said he bought his copy on that site.

I doubt the originals are still available.
    Anyway interscope is supposed to offer a re-re-release of that album someday, so maybe waiting a bit might be the way to go.

Yeah theres a lot of talk(at least on the rekords rekords forum) of a possible 10th anniversery special edition type re-release, which would be this year.:)
    I keep checking the market stall in Darlington where if I get lucky one week, I'll pick up a second hand copy for about 4GBP. But I'm not overly optomistic.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I had the loosegroove release in my hands at a music store about 10 years ago and didn't buy it. One of the worst mistakes I made in music choice, but obviously hindsight is 20/20. About 4 years ago I saw the Roadrunner re-release in a small music store, it was the first time I had seen it in a store in years and picked it up immediately for around $20.

Good luck on your quest.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut