Reading and Leeds festival?

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited January 2008 in Other Music
I'm planning on going to the Leeds festival in the UK this year. Rage Against The Machine are rumoured to be playing, as well as bands like the Foo Fighters and Metallica so the line up seems amazing.

People who have been before - what's the 'atmosphere' like? Is it worth getting a day ticket or a weekend ticket? Will this year top Pearl Jams performance in 2006 :p?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dustdust Posts: 133
    I don't think anything could top Pearl Jam (although Trent Reznor tried pretty hard last year) Atmosphere is amazing, although personally I'd take Reading over Leeds any day.

Oh yeah and If your gonna go, go for the whole weekend, one lousy day just isn't enough, you need to camp and get dirrrty :)

Seriously, camp fires, friends, guitars and damn good music......What are you waiting for?
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Thanks. I'm going to Leeds simply because it's closest and I'm a cheap bastard :p.
  • dust wrote:
    I don't think anything could top Pearl Jam (although Trent Reznor tried pretty hard last year) Atmosphere is amazing, although personally I'd take Reading over Leeds any day.

Oh yeah and If your gonna go, go for the whole weekend, one lousy day just isn't enough, you need to camp and get dirrrty :)

Seriously, camp fires, friends, guitars and damn good music......What are you waiting for?

I must concur. NOBODY will top Pearl Jam, I thought the Pumpkins were gonna come close, but alas they mostly sucked, and NIN absolutely trounced them. Always a great atmosphere though.

I've already got my ticket for this year, and Metal Hammer reckon Zeppelin are rumoured to be there! Wooo!!!
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Reading is more popular, but in my opinion Leeds is the better venue. Couldn't get away from the bass from the other tents at Reading, but at Leeds there are hills. And fun fair rides. Won't be going on those again.

So, RATM rumours eh? How strong are these rumours? No doubt all those headliner acts will be spread throughout the weekend!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • wash_ wrote:
    Reading is more popular, but in my opinion Leeds is the better venue. Couldn't get away from the bass from the other tents at Reading, but at Leeds there are hills. And fun fair rides. Won't be going on those again.

So, RATM rumours eh? How strong are these rumours? No doubt all those headliner acts will be spread throughout the weekend!

The organisers have announced that 3 big name American bands have been booked as headliners. Based on that, my guesses are R.E.M (new album out, plus have never played Reading/Leeds before to my knowledge), Green Day (they played about four years ago just before American Idiot came out, I could easily see them returning) and RATM (who have other European festival dates booked).

Other possible bands: Linkin Park, Foo Fighters (although they already have stadium dates booked for the summer so possibly not), Metallica, My Chemical Romance (please no!). That's all I got right now.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    The organisers have announced that 3 big name American bands have been booked as headliners. Based on that, my guesses are R.E.M (new album out, plus have never played Reading/Leeds before to my knowledge), Green Day (they played about four years ago just before American Idiot came out, I could easily see them returning) and RATM (who have other European festival dates booked).

Other possible bands: Linkin Park, Foo Fighters (although they already have stadium dates booked for the summer so possibly not), Metallica, My Chemical Romance (please no!). That's all I got right now.

If REM and RATM are headlining different days I will definitely be doing the weekend.
    Kings of Leon is a possibility. They're headlining Oxygen.

Not bothered about the others.

Is it March that the headliners get confirmed? That's a long wait!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • I'll get a day ticket if RATM play. I wish they'd do some venues in the UK though.
  • wash_ wrote:
    If REM and RATM are headlining different days I will definitely be doing the weekend.
    Kings of Leon is a possibility. They're headlining Oxygen.

Not bothered about the others.

Is it March that the headliners get confirmed? That's a long wait!

KOL would be awesome, they really should have headlined last year instead of Razorlight.

Yeah it is march they get confirmed, although I'm sure there will be more clues before then.