Rod Stewart

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Say what you want about him but he's got one of the best rock and roll voices ever. I'm not a fan of his newer stuff, but his stuff with Faces and his early solo stuff is incredible. Just great rock. I've even got a soft spot for "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Rod Stwart sucks.

"Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" by the Revolting Cocks is much better. i have the RC tattoo to shut you up too.
  • Wow, muppet.. you really have balls. For that, you have my congratulations.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Lol yeah I thought this was the response I'd get.

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
    Come on, sugar, let me know
  • muppet wrote:
    Say what you want about him but he's got one of the best rock and roll voices ever. I'm not a fan of his newer stuff, but his stuff with Faces and his early solo stuff is incredible. Just great rock. I've even got a soft spot for "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy."

Agreed, though I'd say he's a great singer rather than he's got a great voice, if you know what I mean. The raw sound he makes isn;t always so great but at his best he certainly knew what to do with it - by that I mean the early stuff, too. His version of Handbags and Gladrags still makes me cry. And he could do a blues vocal so well - "I've Been Drinking" with Jeff Beck way way back, or "In A Broken Dream" for Python Lee Jackson. Brilliant stuff, and anyone who says otherwise is just plain iggerant. ;)
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Rod's all right.
  • Rod's all right.

That sounds like a 70's kids' TV show or something. :p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Had it....lost it.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Most of his albums from the 70's are pretty good.

Rod's mansion in Essex borders here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copped_Hall
    had my first trip/LSD(microdot)experience inside this spooky place, has miles of underground tunnels.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Agreed, though I'd say he's a great singer rather than he's got a great voice, if you know what I mean. The raw sound he makes isn;t always so great but at his best he certainly knew what to do with it - by that I mean the early stuff, too. His version of Handbags and Gladrags still makes me cry. And he could do a blues vocal so well - "I've Been Drinking" with Jeff Beck way way back, or "In A Broken Dream" for Python Lee Jackson. Brilliant stuff, and anyone who says otherwise is just plain iggerant. ;)
    I do know what you mean. haha ;) I've always enjoyed his earlier albums, not so much the later, although I can't say that I've given them a chance. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."