New Bruce Springsteen album

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited July 2007 in Other Music
"About as certain as we can get at this point: The new album has been recorded with members of the ESB already having contributed. Additional tracks are being recorded with and without the ESB. As can best be described at this point is the album is a cross between TOL and The Rising with some "rock" songs and a number of songs pared down. Having trouble describing the sound, but a lot of production is being used wth the versions already recorded. Different versions of each song are being recorded (with and without members of the ESB) and the final versions of about half the album have not been settled on. It was agreed to go ahead with announcing a new recording since it is fully anticipated the final recording phases will go very quickly. The good news is a flurry of recording will be ongoing over the next few weeks with August to be the month of final production, etc. Although a given, the album will have a least 10 songs with a goal of about 13 being projected.

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB. Rehearsals for the tour are once again scheduled for AP around Labor Day. Look for the tour to kick off on or about 10/02/2007 in New York with a quick swing around the country until the end of November. All of the major cities, to include LA, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, etc. will be covered. The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so. January and part of February look to be time off with a full world tour to begin in full effect during the Spring of 2008 (Feb/March) with outdoor arena shows scheduled for the summer of 2008. The U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia, will all be on the schedule. Bottom line is that we are now entering the final stages in preparation for the final ESB world tour. Stay tuned."

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?showtopic=61354

Tunnel of Love and The Rising are two of my favourite Bruce Springsteen records so I guess you can't go wrong. Hopefully I'll be able to see them on tour, because I've never seen them before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    that is awesome news. i missed The Rising tour. Bruce with the ESB is good stuff...at least from the DVDs that i have seen.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Oh man, this is awesome news. I can't wait.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    New FUCKING YORK!!!!! :eek: hallelujah!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    How is this good news. The end of Bruce and the ESB!!

Nooooooooooooo

I can't wait to see them again but sad news
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Hahaha, if he plays 9:30 Club... hahaha, that'd be so fucking awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    So they'll play Europe in December, and then come back again when the full world tour starts!!!?!???

This is awesome news! I've never seem Bruce and the ESB, it's a dream of mine!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• I'll make a couple of shows even though Springsteen isn't one of my favorites...he puts on a GREAT show (saw him in Albany, Giants Stadiumx2, and Shea)...hopefully the big man can make the whole tour
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I'll make a couple of shows even though Springsteen isn't one of my favorites...he puts on a GREAT show (saw him in Albany, Giants Stadiumx2, and Shea)...hopefully the big man can make the whole tour

Is Clarence ill?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Is Clarence ill?

Well first his retna got detatched from his eye, and my father told me he's heard that he's been in and out of the hospital

The guys old...you look at him now compared to the Born in the USA music video, its crazy
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Makes you think though, if this will actually be the final ESB tour or just a way to make more money!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    muppet wrote:
    Makes you think though, if this will actually be the final ESB tour or just a way to make more money!
    i cant see this being the final tour, there to young and too good to call it quits. MSG MSG MSG MSG
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I wouldn't say they're too young. The Big Man is in his upper 60's. I think he's gonna hang it up after this one.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I wouldn't say they're too young. The Big Man is in his upper 60's. I think he's gonna hang it up after this one.
    i agree with that. i think he had trouble making it through the latter parts of the Rising tour. i believe the Miami Horns will be on this tour to add a little more brass to the show.

i've see Bruce and the ESB twice on the Reunion tour in 1999 so i'll probably check out at least ONE Philly show but to be honest i'd like to see Bruce do more stuff like the Devils & Dust tour. i kick myself every time i listen to the boots from that tour that i did not attend.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I will definitely be there! I should have gone to The Rising tour but I was just getting into him then. I just bought the Barcelona DVD and the London 75 show. Both are great!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i saw this also
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    i've see Bruce and the ESB twice on the Reunion tour in 1999 so i'll probably check out at least ONE Philly show but to be honest i'd like to see Bruce do more stuff like the Devils & Dust tour. i kick myself every time i listen to the boots from that tour that i did not attend.

To each his own...Devil's was a snooze fest...give me ESB, or nothing!

I'm most excited to see the boys back with Bruce but topping The Rising is gonna be difficult. I hope he pulls it off...
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i saw this also

platessmall.jpg
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    augustwest wrote:

I'm most excited to see the boys back with Bruce but topping The Rising is gonna be difficult. I hope he pulls it off...

They're probably going to go all out seeing as it's the farewell tour. But the Rolling Stones and The Who have had countless farewell tours so...:p
    muppet wrote:
    They're probably going to go all out seeing as it's the farewell tour. But the Rolling Stones and The Who have had countless farewell tours so...:p

I figure this last final concert tour with the ESB will "hit the church of bruce peak" like it did for the Reunion tour and The Rising Tours...I don't quite know how to explain it, but if you went, you knew... **arms raised**

D&D, as said, was a yawn fest...same as that Seeger cd...
    muppet wrote:

youre forgetting the big man is not as spry or agile , ( perhaps youthful also ) as mick , ron , and roger & pete . plus his bilateral hip replacements dont help either.
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    augustwest wrote:

i donnno. all those stripped down versions of songs like Downbound Train, I'm On Fire, Point Blank, Lost In The Flood, State Trooper and of course Dream Baby Dream just sent chills down my spine. just don't know if i can really feel the big arena ESB Badlands, Born To Run or Thunder Road anymore.
    i donnno. all those stripped down versions of songs like Downbound Train, I'm On Fire, Point Blank, Lost In The Flood, State Trooper and of course Dream Baby Dream just sent chills down my spine. just don't know if i can really feel the big arena ESB Badlands, Born To Run or Thunder Road anymore.

I like to rock out :)

Bruce just doesn't get me to the church, when he's doing that solo quiet shit...but maybe, that's just me...