2011: PJ20
2012: Philly
2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Tangerine wrote:
    Anyone else going?
    I'm on the fence about it. I'd love to see STP again, and I like NIN, but I'm not a huge fan of REM. Other than that, there is really maybe only a band or two that I know of that I might enjoy there this year. You got tickets, right?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i'll be there!!! tickets/airfare/hotel already paid for...very excited about this!!!
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm on the fence about it. I'd love to see STP again, and I like NIN, but I'm not a huge fan of REM. Other than that, there is really maybe only a band or two that I know of that I might enjoy there this year. You got tickets, right?

Yup, we bought the Presale passes for $75 each so I'm happy with the lineup :) I do hope they add a couple more better known bands but I'm not gonna complain. $75 for the headliners alone is worth the $. Plus there's enough stuff to do in NOLA without having to be at the festival all the time.

We booked the flight and hotel a few months ago seeing JetBlue only offers 1 nonstop out of Boston and I didn't want to wait until airfares skyrocketed because of the gas prices.

Can't wait!! :D
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
  • i'll probably be in the area, so i'll go.
  • what does NOLA stand for?
    can we get a website link?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    what does NOLA stand for?
    can we get a website link?

New Orleans Louisiana :)

Here's a link to the site--> http://www.thetenthritual.com
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    Not going this year, but wish I could...blew too much $ on other travel plans and such :P

I went last year, and it was fantastic. The festival is run very well with very little intrusion from police. Voodoo has a great local influence, so you get to see great headliners and hidden NOLA gemz. Plus, it's one of the coolest cities on the planet if you're lookin' to go nuts and have some fuggin' fun.

I looked at the lineup just now, and it's great...very comparable to last year's, if not a bit better.

Stay downtown, and take the Canal street car to the festival...easy and dirt cheap. Then just grab a cab on the way back. See a local show on Frenchman...get some beignets on Decatur...make some history!
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    There may be a chance I go..But still on the fence...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • NOLA is the one place on earth I NEED to go... :(

Damn you all and your NOLA festivals with bands like NIN and REM... I hate you alllllllll!!!! *huff* :mad:

:p

y'all have fun now ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Saturnal wrote:

Stay downtown, and take the Canal street car to the festival...easy and dirt cheap. Then just grab a cab on the way back. See a local show on Frenchman...get some beignets on Decatur...make some history!

That's exactly what we plan to do :) We're staying at the Iberville Suites which is in the FQ...well they say it's on the corner of the FQ in the quieter section which is fine by me, but we'll still be close enough to the action.

We went to Lolla last year and didn't really get a chance to see Chicago at all because we were either at the festival or back at the hotel taking a break from the heat but I'm definitely planning on spending some time outside of the festival festivities this year to check out New Orleans. It's almost like Voodoo is just a bonus to an awesome weekend in the city. I can't decide if I'm more excited about the fest or just going to New Orleans in general :)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Tangerine wrote:
    That's exactly what we plan to do :) We're staying at the Iberville Suites which is in the FQ...well they say it's on the corner of the FQ in the quieter section which is fine by me, but we'll still be close enough to the action.

We went to Lolla last year and didn't really get a chance to see Chicago at all because we were either at the festival or back at the hotel taking a break from the heat but I'm definitely planning on spending some time outside of the festival festivities this year to check out New Orleans. It's almost like Voodoo is just a bonus to an awesome weekend in the city. I can't decide if I'm more excited about the fest or just going to New Orleans in general :)
    the weather should be nice for you guys in Oct :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    the weather should be nice for you guys in Oct :)

I hope so, if we can handle Florida in July I'm pretty sure we can handle Louisiana in October :)
    Tangerine wrote:

Yep that's a great spot for sure. VoodooFest is great because it ends early, and most bars stay open long afterwards...many cool after-parties too. Bring a costume!
  • PJLaurPJLaur Posts: 78
    Saturnal wrote:
    Not going this year, but wish I could...blew too much $ on other travel plans and such :P

I went last year, and it was fantastic. The festival is run very well with very little intrusion from police. Voodoo has a great local influence, so you get to see great headliners and hidden NOLA gemz. Plus, it's one of the coolest cities on the planet if you're lookin' to go nuts and have some fuggin' fun.

I looked at the lineup just now, and it's great...very comparable to last year's, if not a bit better.

You Rock! I was just gonna ask about good ways of transportation to get there and back.
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yep that's a great spot for sure. VoodooFest is great because it ends early, and most bars stay open long afterwards...many cool after-parties too. Bring a costume!

costumes? do tell...

we are trying to decide if we need a car or not. how much $$$ is it to get to/from the airport? we are staying in the FQ.
    mensane wrote:
    costumes? do tell...

we are trying to decide if we need a car or not. how much $$$ is it to get to/from the airport? we are staying in the FQ.
    Yeah, costumes...it's October in NOLA :) Trust me, you won't be the only ones wearin' em.

IMO, you definitely don't need a car. Unless you're flying in late, you can get the bus for $1.10 that'll take you downtown:

http://www.jeffersontransit.org/schedules/E2Airport-Map.htm

Can't beat that!
    Saturnal wrote:
    Yeah, costumes...it's October in NOLA :) Trust me, you won't be the only ones wearin' em.

IMO, you definitely don't need a car. Unless you're flying in late, you can get the bus for $1.10 that'll take you downtown:

http://www.jeffersontransit.org/schedules/E2Airport-Map.htm

Can't beat that!

sweet. thanks!