Radiohead 2 Nights at All Points West Fest

TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Took this from the Inforoo board for all you RH fans-->

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/48841-radiohead-to-play-all-points-west-festival---twice

http://www.urb.com/permalink/2325/Radiohead-to-perform-TWO-nights-at-APW.html

I don't know how reliable these sources are but it seems legit.

We'll probably be there, but still hoping PJ plays the last night...and the Voodoo Fest in October :)
2006: Boston I, Camden II
2007: Chicago
2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
2009: Philly III & IV
2010: Boston
2011: PJ20
2012: Philly
2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If I am not totally poor from Bonnaroo, I will definitely go to this. Got several friends in NYC that I could stay with, so it'd cut down on the cost. They'd probably be interested in something like this as well. Radiohead headlining two nights? That's insane. In the best way possible.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • They actually have US Dates scheduled and I didn't know. Just bought my tickets for St. Louis.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • The Beatles better be headling tho with a price tag of 258 for three days. I got my Bonnaroo ticket for 235 bucks with all fees for four days, and there's a shitload of activities and bands. If I go, I probably will go the single day ticket route, and get them for the first two nights because of Radiohead.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • Just saw the Billboard article. I don't think we'll be going to this one. We're just not big RH fans and the lower tier bands aren't too jaw dropping. Was hoping for PJ but oh well! I'm sure they'll be playing somewhere we can drive to (or fly to on the cheap...ahem, FL!) at some point this summer. Or they'll just play Voodoo and I'll be a very happy woman :)

Here's the Billboard link if it hasn't been posted yet-->

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003713958
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    yeah other than radiohead and maybe kings and the roots
    line up does not thrill me
  • The Beatles better be headling tho with a price tag of 258 for three days. I got my Bonnaroo ticket for 235 bucks with all fees for four days, and there's a shitload of activities and bands. If I go, I probably will go the single day ticket route, and get them for the first two nights because of Radiohead.

Yeah, I was thinking the same... Roo was more expensive than 2 years ago, but it's definitely worth it this year... but I need to see Radiohead again... so maybe a 1day ticket will be in order... I mean, $89 to see Radiohead and some other bands... when Radiohead tickets are $70 alone... hah!
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    im so pissed about this. its so expensive and the only band i want to see is radiohead. i cant decide whether to wait to see if they announce a philly show, or just bite the bullet and get tickets to this festival...i need to see them!
  • im so pissed about this. its so expensive and the only band i want to see is radiohead. i cant decide whether to wait to see if they announce a philly show, or just bite the bullet and get tickets to this festival...i need to see them!

Get two single-day tickets for Friday and Saturday, that's what I am doing. 258 is crazily excessive when you figure that i paid 235 total for a FOUR-DAY ticket to Bonnaroo, with a lot better bands and just as big of a headliner in Pearl Jam.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    Get two single-day tickets for Friday and Saturday, that's what I am doing. 258 is crazily excessive when you figure that i paid 235 total for a FOUR-DAY ticket to Bonnaroo, with a lot better bands and just as big of a headliner in Pearl Jam.

but if theyre playing in philly, id rather just go to that so i dont have to sit through a whole day of bullshit and spend so much money to see them. you know?
  • Can I just say that I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Radiohead are playing US dates when they haven't played Scunthorpe in years. I mean these guys are from England and they are just totally abandoning there original fanbase for dates on the other side of the world. I think they should just stay in England and play to people in and around Oxford where they are from.

I mean, what gives - the USA? These people don't even understand the merits of a good enunciated English accent. What could they possibly get out of a Radiohead concert.

I think I'm going to stop downloading their albums for free - these guys have just left me feeling shunned....
  • Can I just say that I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Radiohead are playing US dates when they haven't played Scunthorpe in years. I mean these guys are from England and they are just totally abandoning there original fanbase for dates on the other side of the world. I think they should just stay in England and play to people in and around Oxford where they are from.

I mean, what gives - the USA? These people don't even understand the merits of a good enunciated English accent. What could they possibly get out of a Radiohead concert.

I think I'm going to stop downloading their albums for free - these guys have just left me feeling shunned....

Haha, good joke.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
  • Haha, good joke.

At least you realise it's a joke, there people in the US actually write things like that on here when bands announce a tour of Europe.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    im so pissed about this. its so expensive and the only band i want to see is radiohead. i cant decide whether to wait to see if they announce a philly show, or just bite the bullet and get tickets to this festival...i need to see them!

They're definitely playing Philly on Leg 2 (don't know when or what venue):

http://radiohead.com/tourdates/
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    They're definitely playing Philly on Leg 2 (don't know when or what venue):

http://radiohead.com/tourdates/

yah i saw that...i just want to be positive that they actually do it. i dont feel like spending all the money for all points west, but if thats their only show around here, im going to. tweeter center would be nice, or even wachovia. i dont care! i just want to see them!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,273
    yah i saw that...i just want to be positive that they actually do it. i dont feel like spending all the money for all points west, but if thats their only show around here, im going to. tweeter center would be nice, or even wachovia. i dont care! i just want to see them!

me too no doubt plus KOL i'm down i hope i can hook up with some folks from here to attend let me know if your interested on doing that i'm coming from LI ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....