Voodoo Fest Initial Lineup

TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Nine Inch Nails, R.E.M., Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab For Cutie, Erykah Badu, Wyclef Jean, Panic At The Disco, The Neville Brothers, Joss Stone, Lupe Fiasco, Dashboard Confessional, DeVotchKa, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Cold War Kids, Ghostland Observatory, Joseph Arthur, Old 97’s, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Shudder To Think, The Gutter Twins, Thievery Corporation, Tokyo Police Club, Man Man, Blind Boys of Alabama, Reverend Horton Heat, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Rotary Downs, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave., Irving Mayfield’s New Orleans Jazz Orchestra, The New Orleans Bingo! Show.

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/voodoo-music-experience/

There's at least 5 bands on here that I'm excited about :) (which is better than my first reaction to Lolla's initial lineup last year) but it looks like I have a lot of research to do between now and Oct. Hopefully they give Ghostland Observatory the night spot they deserve as opposed to Lolla's first thing in the AM slot last year.

I'm not sure if they'll be releasing a full lineup on Monday when it'll be "officially" announced but it looks like they still have to add about 75-80 bands seeing they had 100+ last year.
2006: Boston I, Camden II
2007: Chicago
2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
2009: Philly III & IV
2010: Boston
2011: PJ20
2012: Philly
2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ehhhh...

I've been everytime it's been in NOLA that past 5 years. But I don't know this year.

I already saw STP and NIN I'm seeing at Lolla, so the line-up isn't that impressive to me, but I'll still probably go.
    Horry Kow!
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Looks like this is the full initial lineup-->

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/voodoo-music-experience/

I've got LOTS of research to do on this one! It seemed like they had quite a few more well known bands last year. Does anyone know the caliber of lineup additions from past years or if they even have additions after the initial lineup??
  • its only around 100 bucks i think. cant beat the price, especially the last few years.
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    That's a pretty kickass lineup from top to bottom. I'm there for sure this year.
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i bought my ticket awhile back....$100 can't be beat. have also booked hotel and airfare...cannot wait!!!!
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    mensane wrote:
    i bought my ticket awhile back....$100 can't be beat. have also booked hotel and airfare...cannot wait!!!!

Yup, bought mine for $75/ea when the presale was going on a couple of months ago :) $75 for REM, STP and NIN alone is well worth it then add in CWK, Ghostland and all the other bands that'll be there and the city of NOLA to boot and it's quite the bargain!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Tangerine wrote:
    Yup, bought mine for $75/ea when the presale was going on a couple of months ago :) $75 for REM, STP and NIN alone is well worth it then add in CWK, Ghostland and all the other bands that'll be there and the city of NOLA to boot and it's quite the bargain!!
    Check out the Lee Boys while you're there. I also them at Roo and loved them
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1