Fugazi

luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
edited September 2006 in Other Music
I didn't know the guys from D.C. until i read an interview from ed who said that they are great performers. I bought a C.D and i was like " what the fuck" it is so great, they are really kicking asses. It's an amazing band !
Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree, have a couple of CD's and they are really good.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Brilliant band. Great music, and like Pearl Jam, they have shaped their career around a very high set of ethics (low priced CDs on an indie label) and a huge amount of respect for their fans (they always try to play gigs in venues where people of all ages can attend the shows). I've only got into Fugazi in the past 2 years or so, and I already rate '13 Songs' as one of my all time favourite albums. They are one of those bands I got into late in their career, and I always say to myself "Why weren't I listening to these guys ten years ago?!"
  • totally, awesome band. You guys need to check Minor Threat.
    Love Fugazi. I listen more Fugazi than PJ. I barely listen PJ these days.

Red Medicine probably is one of the best records of the 90s
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I recently got Repeater +3 Songs, but it's not catching on with me. I guess I have to listen to it more.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Fantastic band. If you didn't get to check them out live when they were active, you can get some shows at fugaziliveseries.com

I'd highly recommend that you do that.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm going to see Joe Lally tonight in Philly!
  • Brilliant band. Great music, and like Pearl Jam, they have shaped their career around a very high set of ethics (low priced CDs on an indie label) and a huge amount of respect for their fans (they always try to play gigs in venues where people of all ages can attend the shows). I've only got into Fugazi in the past 2 years or so, and I already rate '13 Songs' as one of my all time favourite albums. They are one of those bands I got into late in their career, and I always say to myself "Why weren't I listening to these guys ten years ago?!"

So do i, so do i !!! I totally agree
  • DOSW wrote:
    I recently got Repeater +3 Songs, but it's not catching on with me. I guess I have to listen to it more.

Try to listen to "red medecine" or to my favorite "the Argument". "Epic problem" is a kind of song you'll catch very quick.

i've got an epic problem an epic problem ain't a problem for me
    and inside inside i'm broken but i'm working as far as you can see
    outside it's all production it's all illusion set scenery i've got this
    epic problem this epic problem's not a problem for me

great !
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    So do i, so do i !!! I totally agree

Hehe! - It's annoying when that happens isn't it? It also happened to me with the Pixies, as I got into them way after they broke up (the first time round), and I couldn't help thinking to myself "why didn't I listen to Kurt Cobain when he kept banging on about how good they were in the early ninties?"
    Oh well, that's the beauty of discovering music that influenced your favourite bands!
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    Try to listen to "red medecine" or to my favorite "the Argument". "Epic problem" is a kind of song you'll catch very quick.

i've got an epic problem an epic problem ain't a problem for me
    and inside inside i'm broken but i'm working as far as you can see
    outside it's all production it's all illusion set scenery i've got this
    epic problem this epic problem's not a problem for me

great !

I love Epic Problem! I like the way it just changes so drastically at the end - it totally works though! Another favourite of mine from 'The Argument' is 'Life And Limb'.
  • viva viva viva life and limp
    viva viva viva threatening

hey - we want our violence doubled (no but really in a loving way)
    hey - we want our violence doubled (no but really want it right away)

Damn I forgot it. Hey DOSW listen to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨
    When you listen to them it's like diving in another world, listen it loud and you'll see. First you'll think" what's this?" because it is strange and then slowly it might take control of you.
    It's really really good
  • "13 Songs" is in my top 10 fav albums of all time, "Repeater" is in the top 50
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my first one was In On The Kill Taker so that one has a special place in my heart. for me the albums that stand up the most are End Hits, Repeater and the Argument. OH, and the Furniture EP fucking rules!!!!!!!!!!!
    only one i can't get into is Steady Diet of Nothing and 13 Songs just doesn't cut it for me anymore. lots of those songs are good but i can't just put the cd on.

http://www.fugaziliveseries.com
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    I didn't know the guys from D.C. until i read an interview from ed who said that they are great performers. I bought a C.D and i was like " what the fuck" it is so great, they are really kicking asses. It's an amazing band !

Me too!! I didn't knew the, until eddie mention them so I dowload some songs and I love them all, really great band! even my sister asked me about the songs that i download and she saked who are those guys and told her fugazi, and she said "Wow!! they are really good, where you find about them?" and I just said "well eddie! and his great taste of music of course" :D

Waiting room is my favorite song!! ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    viva viva viva life and limp
    viva viva viva threatening

hey - we want our violence doubled (no but really in a loving way)
    hey - we want our violence doubled (no but really want it right away)

Damn I forgot it. Hey DOSW listen to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¨
    When you listen to them it's like diving in another world, listen it loud and you'll see. First you'll think" what's this?" because it is strange and then slowly it might take control of you.
    It's really really good

I think it is Life and Limb. Anyway The Argument is like one of my favorite albums of all time. Go listen to it now. Fugazi are best ever.
  • Waiting room is my favorite song!! ;)
    +1 on waiting room. suggestion is another great one. man i still have that cassette. i wonder if that will ever become a collectable? doubt it though as cassettes will never make a come back like vinyl has.
  • I think it is Life and Limb. Anyway The Argument is like one of my favorite albums of all time. Go listen to it now. Fugazi are best ever.

Life and limb. sorry !