Ten thousand bars-Ezio

luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
edited November 2006 in Other Music
It's the second time that I start a thread mentionning EZIO and I'm sure that there will be no reply, so shame on you :) !
Please buy the record, Ezio is an english artist (italian origins) who plays amazing folk music with his friend Booga (one of the best guitar player i ever saw) .....if one day you have the chance to see a show of them.....go you won't be dissapointed !!!
for more infos visit:
http://www.ezio.co.uk

you can watch a clip from their new dvd........
Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Ezio seem to be haunting me lately. I keep hearing mention of them. My flatmate went to see them live when they played here a few weeks ago. A couple of days later my boyfriend returned home from work saying someone there was talking about them. And now you too!

The flatmate managed to get hold of the latest album on vinyl at the show, and I have to say, it's good stuff. Nice feel good rock.

I highly recommend.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • I once supported Ezio.
  • I once supported Ezio.
    You're from Cambridge like Ezio?! And what do you think of them ? What do you think of their show? I saw them about ten times here in Luxembourg and I really like their attitude if they would have only 100 people in front of them they will make a good show for them. I read a german review were Ezio played in Munich in front of 150 people and made a unforgetable night and that's Ezio for me!
    Once Booga ( the genuis guitar player) went to my hometown for a gig with people he know here in Luxemburg. They played in a very small pub there was about 50 peoples and the pub was already full and Booga was perfect...as usual!
  • Curious wrote:
    Ezio seem to be haunting me lately. I keep hearing mention of them. My flatmate went to see them live when they played here a few weeks ago. A couple of days later my boyfriend returned home from work saying someone there was talking about them. And now you too!

The flatmate managed to get hold of the latest album on vinyl at the show, and I have to say, it's good stuff. Nice feel good rock.

I highly recommend.
    Ezio made 5 studio albums and the sound isn't that great on record. The new one "Ten thousand bars" is quite perfect it is the first who is the nearest from the live Ezio sound. I highly recommend "Live at the Shepherds Bush Empire". There's a story behind this gig because they made the show on their own without manager or/and record label they booked it and they came..
  • Ezio.
    Talking Heads, Southampton.
    FOLLOWING a rousing support spot from Southampton’s popular soul duo Midway, Cambridge-based band Ezio took the stage to debut at “the Heads.” Named after Italian lead singer and songwriter, Ezio Lunedei, this band was a revelation. Ezio and fellow acoustic guitarist Mark “Booga” Farrell took centre stage, backed by bass and drums to produce songs with an immediate and intense feel.
    Surging rhythms and frenetic but unified interplay between their guitars was the hallmark of Ezio’s performance of songs like “Deeper”, “Steal Away” and “Angel Song.” Passionate vocals illuminated the songs which varied from dreamy introspection to full-on rock, often with a pronounced Latin feel. A sell-out crowd were totally captivated throughout a two hour set which also included new songs from the album “The Making of Mr Spoons” released this week. Brilliant stuff - this band must be the music scene’s best kept secret.

Another one:
    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/04/27/092655.php
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    You're from Cambridge like Ezio?! And what do you think of them ? What do you think of their show? I saw them about ten times here in Luxembourg and I really like their attitude if they would have only 100 people in front of them they will make a good show for them. I read a german review were Ezio played in Munich in front of 150 people and made a unforgetable night and that's Ezio for me!
    Once Booga ( the genuis guitar player) went to my hometown for a gig with people he know here in Luxemburg. They played in a very small pub there was about 50 peoples and the pub was already full and Booga was perfect...as usual!

Yeah, they're very skilled, very tight. They play and sing very well, and write good songs.

Yes, I did one gig in support of them: well, there were a few acts supporting them that night, actually, seeing as it was a New Years' gig down the now defunct Boat Race, in Cambridge. I don't know them, personally, but I have a lot of respect for them.

They're quite big in Germany. Tony Blair is a fan, too, but I don't think Ezio's too wild about that.
  • They're very big in Germany. Tony Blair is a fan, too, but I don't think Ezio's too wild about that.

Who would be ? :) They are also big here in Luxemburg, there are a lot of people who come to their shows. They'll play on Sunday in Luxemburg city.
    I think that it is a shame that they aren't known in other countries, for me Ezio is one of the best songwriter in the world and Booga, hey , he rocks!
    That's the reason why I start this thread, Pearl jam listeners have normally a good taste of music and I want to give them the opportunity to listen to them...Spread the Word :)
  • I'll keep this thread alive
  • CazpjCazpj Posts: 58
    Hey Luxpjamer! Ezio's drummer Alex Reeves was my drum teacher for four years, and I've seen Ezio acoustically once - they are indeed very good. Everytime they play a full gig in Cambridge I never seem to be able to make it though :0(

One day..... :0)
    4/20/06 Astoria
    8/29/06 Arnhem
    9/11/06 Paris
    6/18/07 London
  • Cazpj wrote:
    Hey Luxpjamer! Ezio's drummer Alex Reeves was my drum teacher for four years, and I've seen Ezio acoustically once - they are indeed very good. Everytime they play a full gig in Cambridge I never seem to be able to make it though :0(

One day..... :0)
    I'm very happy that there are people who know Ezio and who like the music he/they play(s). Tomorrow they play here in Luxemburg-city and I'll be there as usual.. I see that you are from Cambridge, isn't it strange for you to see that one of your local band are known in Luxemburg :) I think they have to be known in the whole world....as I said before Spread the Word
  • Show me some love for this Band.....click the links above and tell me what you think about
  • What a great night. I went to the Ezio concert in Luxemburg. Two and an half hours of great music. They're incredible live, made a real great show. Saw them several times but the show is getting better each time. I think they're gonna be in Germany ( Freiburg) for the next days, if they play around YOUR corner ,go you won't be disapointed...
  • I'll keep this thread alive.... :) no one can kill it.
    Click on the links above and tell me your opinions