Options

FedEx lost my poster

yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I am just letting anyone know what the status is here.....

My posters(2) arrived the other day and needless to say the tube wasn't in the best of shape. I have the posters on my Matting table( I mat photos) in my basement and I am flattening them(only after a few days they look pretty good). I think that I actually maybe able to frame one. Oh, I actually sent my claim out a few weeks back so we will see what happens.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Its official I just found out today that they lost my West Palm Beach poster.

I thought I was being smart when I decided to ship it back to my house from West Pam Beach when I was on vacation. I figured it would be safer if I wrapped it up and stuck it in a tube and sent it home. I guess I was wrong on that one. Now I have to try and come up with the Value of it for my claim with FedEx. Has anyone ever done that before? Also, I am in the market for a poster if anyone has an extra:).
Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Did FEDEX tell you if they pay for the cost or what it would take to replace it?

I am pretty sure it's cost, but if they will pay value, look around online (i.e. EBAY) and see what you would have to pay to get another!

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    They will only pay you what you paid for it and you have to produce a receipt. At least that's what I had to do when I filed a claim once.
  • Options
    They will only pay you what you paid for it and you have to produce a receipt. At least that's what I had to do when I filed a claim once.

Thats the poblem I am having now... there is no receipt(got it at t he show) and BigPop is sold out so I can't really show "value". The only thing that I can do is show expresso beans prices. I don't know if that will fly but thats all I can do.It was insured to $100 but like you said without a receipt it will be hard to prove.

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    PM sent
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    yoke wrote:
    Thats the poblem I am having now... there is no receipt(got it at t he show) and BigPop is sold out so I can't really show "value". The only thing that I can do is show expresso beans prices. I don't know if that will fly but thats all I can do.It was insured to $100 but like you said without a receipt it will be hard to prove.

I'm thinking that you could probably "come up with a receipt" if you know what I mean?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I'm thinking that you could probably "come up with a receipt" if you know what I mean?
    haha- nice. I'd have to do the same. They sell hand written receipt books
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Or just show them a receipt for anything that you purchased that was around the insured amount. They don't know what was in the package. I've seen it done before.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Or just show them a receipt for anything that you purchased that was around the insured amount. They don't know what was in the package. I've seen it done before.
    didn't think about that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Thats actually pretty smart, I may have to try that.

Thanks,
    Sean

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

I actually have one of those, I am a photographer and I have to write them out for people all the time. I could try that also.

hmmm, need to think

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    bump

www.seanbrady.net