F'n Ben Harper

UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Just got done watching live at the garden yet again and Ben harper is the shit. lets see some support for ben in here

and yea ive been drinking again
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah, ben harper's the man. he's a beast on the slide guitar, too.

i love how he forgets the first line to indifference and has to ask ed.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    yeah, I dig Ben Harper..
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    yeah, I dig Ben Harper..
    so do I...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • I saw Ben play a few weeks ago hes the man. Damien Marley was pretty good too. Great show!!!
  • Ben Harper is the best live act ive seen outside of Pearl Jam, and Ive seen a lot of great bands
  • Ben Harper is the best live act ive seen outside of Pearl Jam, and Ive seen a lot of great bands
    Totally agree. He and his band were amazing!
    Grand Rapids 10/3/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Grand Rapids 5/19/06, Detroit 5/22/06

"Who set the standard, born to be rich--Paris Hilton--Such fine example, skinny little bitch" -Ed, 5/19/06

www.myspace.com/radiomessiah
  • JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    I concur. I've become such a Ben Harper fan. We saw him in concert here a couple of months ago and he is an amazing performer. He sang accapella with out a mic in a sold out arena and no one made a peep. He rules.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • crislxcrislx Posts: 85
    Love the Indifference performance with Vedder. Their voices match so wonderfully! Ben is a first class performer and he has one of the best male voices I've ever heard (and sexy to...).
    He's playing in Lisbon next wednesday, at the same venue PJ played last month. Good karma, nice show... Wish I'd be there.
  • zeppelinzeppelin Posts: 121
    Yes Ben Harper is Awesome
    For threatening my baby
    Unborn and unamed
    You aint worth the blood
    That runs through your veins
  • When I saw the title for this thread "F'n Ben Harper" I was mad! I tought someone was takin a shot at my second favorite artist! Thank God, I didnt hafta go postal on someone! Ben Harper is amazing!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Totally. I saw him earlier this month and it was soo amazing. Can't wait to see him again :)
  • I_Got_Shit wrote:
    yeah, ben harper's the man. he's a beast on the slide guitar, too.

That's the funniest part. Back when I first watched the dvd I was not into Ben Harper yet at all and I was like "man, look at this fool, forgetting the lines and all... what an idiot." And then I realized Ben is the man. He definitely deserves a lot of respect as a musician and a person, great guy.
  • I_Got_Shit wrote:
    yeah, ben harper's the man. he's a beast on the slide guitar, too.

He also forgets the last bit that he's supposed to sing. Ed starts laughing at him.
  • Anyone see Ben Harper in Toronto this fall? The rain was insane. My friends made us leave when there were still about four songs left...I was pissed.
    Anyone see Ben Harper in Toronto this fall? The rain was insane. My friends made us leave when there were still about four songs left...I was pissed.

Oh dear god - you missed the best part. They finish with a riotous version of Better Way. I was hovering over the crowd with inspiration. IN the rain it would have been out of this world.

too bad.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • saw him play in philly a few weeks ago. first time i've seen him live. what a awesome show! I am trying to find the show to download, but have not had any luck.

Anyone know a good place to search for his shows?
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    lamperti77 wrote:
    saw him play in philly a few weeks ago. first time i've seen him live. what a awesome show! I am trying to find the show to download, but have not had any luck.

Anyone know a good place to search for his shows?

Check out his website. It's pretty cool and sometimes they have pictures, reviews and downloads from shows. Sometimes - but it's worth a look anyway.
  • Joanne wrote:
    Check out his website. It's pretty cool and sometimes they have pictures, reviews and downloads from shows. Sometimes - but it's worth a look anyway.

Thanks. i've been checking the forum and a bunch of people are looking for it too, but thought it would be worth asking here too.

not sure if anyone here collects his posters from his shows but some are up for sale on his site from the NY & Knoxville shows.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!