Frusciante/Stadium Arcadium

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited September 2006 in Other Music
How good is the playing by Frusciante on this album? Awesome use of tone and melody !!
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think he's a good guitarist, but I think the Chili Peppers absolutely suck.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • i liked that album atfirst, but oever time i realized all the songs sound too similar, and all ofthe solos sound the same. kind of like audioslave, except i like audioslave alot more.
  • Yeah the vocal is pretty much standard issue RHCP, I am just loving the tones though, lots of nice clean stuff, must admit I listen to it when driving , so don't memorise anything.
  • icarus wrote:
    i've never been much of a RHCP fan but i do love his guitar work on the new album. especially the wet sand solo

I'll check that out tonight !
  • the solo at the end of turn it again is incredible :eek:

great album!

just not as good as pearl jam :cool:
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • The guy is a freakin' workoholic too...exactly how many albums did he put out in the last two years? Love his solos and back vocals, some really cool stuff on the new one.
    Best songs on SA: Torture me, Wet sand, Hey (love the guitar on that one), Desecration smile, Readymade, Death of a martian.
  • Yeah love readymade, was just olistening to it now when I read your post, how about the solo of just 4 big notes ( are they unison bends?) in the middle of"She Looks to Me" ?
  • Yeah, love that too...actually, every time I listen to SA I find a new favorite "Frusciante" moment! I'll be seeing them in two months in Milan, just got the tickets yesterday!
  • I was just listening to "So MUch I', and that big open Boogie tone just reminds me so much of an insane Santana live album I had on vinyl years ago, decades actually, called "Oneness" , actually it's really coming through on "We Believe" as well. Massive !!
    I have a ticket for concert in April, so far off, can't wait !!
  • brilliant guitarist... his harmonies are amazing too... tunes, total tunes
    die on a hilltop.. eyeing the crows,
    waiting for your lids to close..
    but you want to watch as they peck your flesh..
    Ironic that they go for the eyes first
  • He's the one giving the bend a flow and a melody....Peppers with and without Frusciante are two totally different stories
  • Yeah, he's got a real knack for flowing from rhythm into lead and back into rhythm so seamlessly, reminds me of , now no-one get upset, Hendrix.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    mwachsman wrote:
    I think the Chili Peppers absolutely suck.

Agreed !!!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Julien wrote:
    Agreed !!!

Man, I wish I could suck that good !!
  • Man, I wish I could suck that good !!

:D
    Man, I wish I could suck that good !!

Come on...!!
    Their last 3 or 4 albums are all the same !!!
    I'm a big fan of Blood Sugar Sex magic and even more of One Hot Minute (album certainly in my top ten)...
    But since OHM, this is all the same. The first times I listened to each of the last albums I thought "it's quite good" but after 3 or 4 listens, it becomes annoying...
  • dante76 wrote:
    :D
    Hey Dante, been nice to chat, got to go and fire up the Boogie myself and play gittar now . I just might go and buy the tab book tomorrow and see bad I can suck !!
  • Enjoy! See ya!
  • its good that people have differing likes - one hot minute in just my opinion is by far their worst album - all up to and incl BSSM awesome them deep dip to OHM climb back so far for Cali dip again to BTW then soar to SA - frusciante and flea are incredible chad is good but prefer jack irons and keidis great in studio (technicians doing their job?) but got to say live he is becoming a serious liability. just my 2 pennorth or 10 cents worth.
    Flea and Frusciante are very good. Chad also. He has his own style.
    But Kiedis sucks... really.. I mean on the studio album he is good, but live he's not at all ! And I think I've heard his voice too much now. He always sings in the same way and creates the same kind of melodies. Not like Eddie Vedder who can create a new and different melody on each song...
    Anyway, everybody has its own point of view and I respect that...
  • I agree Eddie plays his voice like a guitar, mucking around with the gain and using different tones to create different moods. I sure do like to hear that man sing.
    I only have BSSM, which i haven't listened to for years and Californication, of which I think I like every second song, but haven't listened to for ages.
    I am far from an expert on RHCP for sure. I was just getting off on the tones and a lot of Frusciante's playing on SA. Can't say I love the vocal, it is very repetitive, and haven't seen them live to comment on that. Sounds like you don't think they completely suck.
    Have got headache from Boogie now, not yet convinced I like it more than my Hughes and Kettner. Maybe I just haven't learnt how to drive it yet.
  • Kiedis' vocals piss me off more and more everytime they resurface. I used to love BSSM as a teen but their new stuff is cack imo.
  • Frusciante is the heart of that band now... Keidis seems to just be hanging on for the money, his heart just isn't in the music, it's a going through the motions thing by this stage for him. I've seen them live this year and they created an immense groove between Flea and John, but Anthony really sucked all life out of the show with his wooden performance
  • outspaced wrote:
    Frusciante is the heart of that band now... Keidis seems to just be hanging on for the money, his heart just isn't in the music, it's a going through the motions thing by this stage for him. I've seen them live this year and they created an immense groove between Flea and John, but Anthony really sucked all life out of the show with his wooden performance
    His vocals really cripple RHCP these days.
  • His vocals really cripple RHCP these days.

it's true man, John carries him with his harmonies
  • Lucky for me I don't really listen to the words, I just hear the guitar.
    I can't sing for shit, so I don't care. I must have listened to some Metallica and PJ songs a thousand times, and I barely know a word. I'm gonna have to take lyric sheets to the concert so I can croak along and not just sing rhubarb.
    Gittar now !!
  • I can't sing for shit, so I don't care.
    What has not being able to sing got to do with not caring if a vocalist is any good or not? The sheer amount of bands I like musically but won't listen to because the vocalist ruins everything for me is huge, and I couldn't hold a note to save my life!
  • What has not being able to sing got to do with not caring if a vocalist is any good or not? The sheer amount of bands I like musically but won't listen to because the vocalist ruins everything for me is huge, and I couldn't hold a note to save my life!
    It's not that, I just find that I concentrate on teh guitar more, and find it easy to filter teh voice out if I don't like it.
    If a singer has teh goods, I'll listen up for sure.
    Would you be talking about metalcore bands by any chance ?
    I think they sound like they have a nasty goblin stuck in the back of their throat they are trying to hoik up !! LOL !!
  • I'm not talking specifically about metalcore bands, although they definitely fall into that category since the vocals can be so damned monotonous. But I don't like a lot of those bands because musically they're so bloody unoriginal.
  • I'm not talking specifically about metalcore bands, although they definitely fall into that category since the vocals can be so damned monotonous. But I don't like a lot of those bands because musically they're so bloody unoriginal.
    Yeah, the vocal filter doesn't work there, most of them are giving it up though, it's so last week ! LOL !!