More stadium arcadium

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited December 2006 in Other Music
Just got the tab book for this yesterday, started learing some stuff today, Hard to Concentrate, and White as Snow, brilliant riffing, gonna have a fat time with that book all weekend. Thinking this is the best album released this year, sorry avocado.
Anyone else playing these songs ??
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just got the tab book for this yesterday, started learing some stuff today, Hard to Concentrate, and White as Snow, brilliant riffing, gonna have a fat time with that book all weekend. Thinking this is the best album released this year, sorry avocado.

Avocado leaves it for dead in my world...oh well each to their own...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Avocado leaves it for dead in my world...oh well each to their own...

yeah, well I wasn't really bothered about comparing them, more interested in what people are playing off teh chili album.........
    would be nice if PJ published their music, would be having a fat time with that too if they did, and please no-one give me the GTW link, I have all those tabs, I just like pretty books..........
  • I actually may pick up the book. I've printed up a few tabs from ulitimate guitar, but it would be nice to have the actual book.

Great album, IMO. I'm going to see them in Tampa in just over a month, reeeally looking forward to it!
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i learned a few songs over the summer...desecration smile(extremely simple), tell me baby(catchy and fun as hell), turn it again(some awesome licks in this one), and snow, which is actually a bit challenging and is fun as hell. what a great riff.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • By the Way was better IMO, but Stadium Arcadium still had some relatively strong tracks on it. Wet Sand in particular.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Just got the tab book for this yesterday, started learing some stuff today, Hard to Concentrate, and White as Snow, brilliant riffing, gonna have a fat time with that book all weekend. Thinking this is the best album released this year, sorry avocado.

Stadium Arcadium = boring riffs that we've all heard.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    if they would've put it into one album, i think it would surpass the avocado, but pj's is still better. learning frusciante's stuff is fun as hell though.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    LedZepFan wrote:
    i learned a few songs over the summer...desecration smile(extremely simple), tell me baby(catchy and fun as hell), turn it again(some awesome licks in this one), and snow, which is actually a bit challenging and is fun as hell. what a great riff.

Yeah, I was working on Snow with a metronome last night, the only way I'm gonna get up to speed on that one. I'm gonna try fingerpicking it today to see if that cuts it. The outro for Dani California if going to get a workout too, reminds me a lot of the outro to The Outlaw Torn.

New guitar, new amp, new music = Happy Lucy !!!!!
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Stadium Arcadium = boring riffs that we've all heard.
    Well put. Stadium Arcadium sounds like a rhcp jam band cd. It´s soulless and it isn´t truthfull. Rhcp sound old on it and the cd is merely boring pop. Just pure packaging music....sounds catchy and professional but it seems like there was no reason for this cd....nothing original, nothing innovative, nothing worth another listen. Blood sugar sex magic and californication are everything this cd isn´t. ....and you know I´m right!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • this album has some of the best guitar work frusciante has ever done.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    this album has some of the best guitar work frusciante has ever done.

very true, he's finally letting his inner guitar god(or at least wizard) out

Some die just to live.
  • I think the Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, and Beck made the 3 most solid, well written albums this year without question.

Oh and fuck everyone, except for "Dani California" and maybe "Tell Me Baby" that record is fucking gold.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    lars wrote:
    Well put. Stadium Arcadium sounds like a rhcp jam band cd. It´s soulless and it isn´t truthfull. Rhcp sound old on it and the cd is merely boring pop. Just pure packaging music....sounds catchy and professional but it seems like there was no reason for this cd....nothing original, nothing innovative, nothing worth another listen. Blood sugar sex magic and californication are everything this cd isn´t. ....and you know I´m right!

Ya know I'm a total Metallica fan, and I can never work out why everyone thinks Lars is a toolbag, but here's a clue.
  • lars wrote:

I agree. Frusciante's best work is on BSSM, Mother's Milk, and The Mars Volta's "Deloused in The Comatorium."
  • By the Way was better IMO, but Stadium Arcadium still had some relatively strong tracks on it. Wet Sand in particular.

I have to agree with you on "wet sand "...love that song...the album is good...not great ..but good !...BSSM is the best they have put out for sure in my mind !
    Master of Zen
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Ya know I'm a total Metallica fan, and I can never work out why everyone thinks Lars is a toolbag, but here's a clue.
    You´re a chick with a dick
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
    Actually , I am a guy with a dick, Lucy is my guitar. Usually I don't bag people, but the thread was for enthusiasm about playing these songs, not really about which album is the greatest, which band is the greatest, world peace, the size of Saddam's dick or anything else.
    Noy everthing in life is a competition !!
  • Stadium Arcadium was the biggest flop album of the year, Chili's have really lost their edge, no attitude any more
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    "Dani California" and maybe "Tell Me Baby"
    these two songs and the god-awful 'snow' are what have kept me from getting this. i've refused to let myself get it based on these three alone...they're that bad. are you telling me it's worth a look, anyway?
  • chikevin wrote:
    these two songs and the god-awful 'snow' are what have kept me from getting this. i've refused to let myself get it based on these three alone...they're that bad. are you telling me it's worth a look, anyway?
    i love The Animal Bar
  • Obscured1 wrote:
    i love The Animal Bar

thats a great song, along with wet sand
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • chikevin wrote:
    You think "Snow" is god awful?

What the fuck are you on?

Maybe nothing incredible but "god awful"?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    dan_vedder wrote:
    Stadium Arcadium was the biggest flop album of the year, Chili's have really lost their edge, no attitude any more

You are simply out of touch if you think the album flopped...you may not like it, but thats a different matter

and seriously, this thread was intended to talk about the enjoyment of playing this music, not to create yet another debate between those who have accepted and enjoyed the peppers' transformations and recent music, and those who are stuck in the sock-on-dick days of the early 90s

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    You are simply out of touch if you think the album flopped...you may not like it, but thats a different matter

and seriously, this thread was intended to talk about the enjoyment of playing this music, not to create yet another debate between those who have accepted and enjoyed the peppers' transformations and recent music, and those who are stuck in the sock-on-dick days of the early 90s

Sock on Dick days for life WOOOOOOOO

Good, good time boys, make, me feel good, give me good times, yea yea, yea yea
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
    Don't know why I bothered, this thread has become like all the pre-Black/post-Black Metallica arguments, old skool vs new skool ( note , spelling skool like that makes you cooler, remember that), fa fuck's sake, all tehese guys are over 40, and there is nothing more naff than acting 18 when you are 40.
    Frusciante's playing on this album if really very good, and if you don't like it, that's OK, but for those of us who want some cool new licks to play with, it's killer !!!!!
    WEt SAnd, Readymade, TUrn it Again, Slow Cheetah really groovy.