Chris Cornell/Kirk Hammet

lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
edited December 2006 in Other Music
If Keith Richards is the bastard son of Robert Johnson, are Chris and Kirk the bastard brother sons of Keith ???
Was looking at some Load era pics of Kirk with short hair and thought they look pretty similar.
Was then thinking about Chris doing a vocal spot on the new Metallica album after listening to Call Me A Dog. I'm thinking that would be good.
Maybe a cover of Sister Morphine, or maybe The Wind Cries Mary.
Music is not a competetion.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• and they both have dirty sanchez mustaches
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    and they both have dirty sanchez mustaches

And that lean , slightly HIspanic look with lots of tats and a few piercings, black eyes, which is why I thought of Keith for a father.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I think Chris Cornell looks alittle like Kirk Hammett when he had long hair..especially on the cover of Screaming Life and the inside picture of Badmotorfinger
    to me Hammett looked more like Prince when he had that look from the Load era :D
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    I couldn't find pics of young Keith that looked like Kirk nor Chris... but the two do have some similarities :D
  • Meh, I'd think of Kirk Hammett as more of the bastard son of Jimmy Page before anyone else.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I think you need glasses
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Wow. Ok really, REALLY don't see the resemblance at all....but I felt like posting this cuze it's a damn cute shot...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/HottiesChrisCornellHemet.jpg
    :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Wow. Ok really, REALLY don't see the resemblance at all....but I felt like posting this cuze it's a damn cute shot...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/CORNELL%20%20%20%20AS%20solo%20SG/HottiesChrisCornellHemet.jpg
    nice one..never seen that one before
    any idea where it was taken from?
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

NIce shot, but I was really thinking of the shots I've seen where Kirk had short hair.
    If I wasn't a hopelessly un-techy wombat I would try and post some.
    No surprise to see them hanging out , I read that Cobain had a friendship with Kirk, and both bands aare from the Northwest. I need to download the Bridge school benefit stuff Metallica did a coupla years ago.
    Meh, I'd think of Kirk Hammett as more of the bastard son of Jimmy Page before anyone else.

Is that good or bad ?? Good for me cos I'm a fan of both.