Lemonheads new album...

RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
edited October 2006 in Other Music
It sounds great. I really like "Pittsburgh" and "No Backbone". Loads and loads of great tunes and the whole things over and done in no time. No messing about. Oh, and "Become The Enemy" is another great one.
Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
A"The Best of the Beatles."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    yes it is very great. i think i like lets just laugh the best out of all the songs, but it's all great.

dec. 9th, baby!! can't wait for this show....

;)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • kdpjam wrote:
    yes it is very great. i think i like lets just laugh the best out of all the songs, but it's all great.

dec. 9th, baby!! can't wait for this show....

;)

Thanks for gettin me into to this K! Really like Rule Of Three at the mo, great album
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Great record..so is the new Ben Kweller.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Anybody pick this up yesterday? I'm going to try and get it after work this evening, definitely looking forward to hearing it.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    FYI..J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. plays on a few tracks.
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    still waiting for it to arrive from play.com i am loving the single though
  • darkcrow wrote:

Yeah me to, shall be watching them in Manchester on the 16th :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    darkcrow wrote:

I'm still waiting from cdwow :o seeing them on Friday if my ticket arrives from ticketmaster :rolleyes: you going to this one?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    I'm still waiting from cdwow :o seeing them on Friday if my ticket arrives from ticketmaster :rolleyes: you going to this one?

hopfully! if so we should have a meet up
    darkcrow wrote:
    hopfully! if so we should have a meet up

If you end up going drop me a pm. I will be heading over straight after work :o:)
    Chime wrote:
    If you end up going drop me a pm. I will be heading over straight after work :o:)

hey. should have tix for tomorrow so if you wanna text me whith when/where you wanna meet.. i'll pm you my mobile number... also anyone else going to the gig? would be cool to have a pj meet up for evan ;)
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    only got back from holiday yesterday but the album was waiting for me. I have got to say i am well impressed favourite songs so far has to be babys home, black gown and no backbone, roll on manchester and wolves, we may have an album to rival pj for album of 2006
  • prodacake wrote:
    only got back from holiday yesterday but the album was waiting for me. I have got to say i am well impressed favourite songs so far has to be babys home, black gown and no backbone, roll on manchester and wolves, we may have an album to rival pj for album of 2006

Yeah I think Baby's Home is probably the best track on the album. I shall see you in Manchester.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

I'm loving Baby's home aswell :) Typical my album arrived from cd wow on Saturday after me seeing them at The Forum on Friday so didn't know the new songs while I was at the gig :( So you guys will be able to show them more love in Manchester. In case you didn't see the thread this is the setlist we got:

Down About It
    Tenderfoot
    Bit Part
    Confetti
    The Great Big No
    Ride With Me
    Black Gown
    Become The Enemy
    Pittsburgh
    Alison's Starting To Happen
    No Backbone
    Baby's Home
    The Turnpike Down
    Hospital
    I Just Can't Take It Anymore
    Hannah & Gabi
    It's A Shame About Ray
    It's About Time
    If I Could Talk I'd Tell You
    Evan solo:
    Being Around
    My Idea
    Why Do You Do This To Yourself?
    Frank Mills
    The Outdoor Type
    Into Your Arms
    My Drug Buddy
    Let's Just Laugh
    Rudderless
    Evan solo encore:
    Frying Pan
    All My Life
    Different Drum
    Style
    Divan
    Stove
    Steve's Boy

both of Evan's solos were played on an acoustic and he was asking for requests :D
  • Wow 35 songs, how long were thay on for?

Wow 35 songs, how long were thay on for?

I think around an hour and a half :o if darkcrow or Kelly's leash are around they may be able to confirm. Was a really good gig :) My self and Kelly's leash thought the support were alright (747s) but darkcrow wasn't a fan :o
    Chime wrote:
    I think around an hour and a half :o if darkcrow or Kelly's leash are around they may be able to confirm. Was a really good gig :) My self and Kelly's leash thought the support were alright (747s) but darkcrow wasn't a fan :o

747's had 2 ok songs pip! lol ill be nice this time and not verbally scolde you hehehe. 35 songs at around 1h 30mins which is a fucking marathon for evan. his band got it easy though as they only played half the set and then were sent away like bad little children at catholic school :D
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    oh my god! get the hell out !! I have all thier albums and had no idea that they had a new one out.. where the heck have I been?

some of my favourite songs are..
    Ballarat- Lovey
    1.It's a Shame about Ray- It's a shame about Ray
    2.Allison's starting to happen- It's a shame about Ray
    3.The Great big no- Come on Feel
    4. Into your arms- Come on Feel
    5.Glad I don't know- Lick
    6. Sad girl- Lick
    7. Sunday- Creator
    8.Plaster Caster- Creator..
    shit.. I love em all.
    remember when he was doing some stuff with Julianna Hatfield? I have a few of her albums too..