RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
edited April 2007 in Other Music
All the albums i have that have been recorded by him are great:

Nirvana - In Utero
Superchunk - No Pocky for Kitty
The Breeders - Pod
The Wedding Present - Seamonsters
Pixies - Surfer Rosa

The remastered version of Seamonsters in particular is awesome. Who else likes his style?
Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
A"The Best of the Beatles."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Raybees wrote:
    All the albums i have that have been recorded by him are great:

Nirvana - In Utero
    Superchunk - No Pocky for Kitty
    The Breeders - Pod
    The Wedding Present - Seamonsters
    Pixies - Surfer Rosa

The remastered version of Seamonsters in particular is awesome. Who else likes his style?

:raises hand:

i like his style :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I like his style and think he has done some incredible work.....however I think his production on PJ Harveys potentially brilliant album "Rid Of Me" is TERRIBLE.

"1993's Rid of Me—ferocious performance, despite a third-rate production job by Steve 'I hate the human voice' Albini."
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • RaybeesRaybees Posts: 40
    Hmm haven't heard that album. I have a copy of To Bring You My Love which is pretty decent.

It is true though he does leave vocals a tad low in the mix!
    Q"What's your favourite Beatles album?"
    A"The Best of the Beatles."
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    also nice work with the Living Things album. Not so much on the new Stooges.
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i like too...

i even like bush's "razorblade suitcase", which the rest of the world seemed to hate. maybe i'm a weirdo :)
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Todd76 wrote:
    I like his style and think he has done some incredible work.....however I think his production on PJ Harveys potentially brilliant album "Rid Of Me" is TERRIBLE.

"1993's Rid of Me—ferocious performance, despite a third-rate production job by Steve 'I hate the human voice' Albini."
    ahhhh you got there before me. totally agree, yet Pj Harvey claims to greatly admire his production on that album.
    for me he fucked it,,,,,,,great songs that are superior on her 4-Track Demos.
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    almost everything he does I like.

Also love his work in
    Big Black
    Rapeman
    and Shellac
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Check out the recordings he's done with the post rock band "Mono"

Amazing stuff.

I want him to do the next PJ record very badly
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • dirtdirt Posts: 398
    toddiet123 wrote:
    almost everything he does I like.

Also love his work in
    Big Black
    Rapeman
    and Shellac

The Rapeman record is f'ing sweet! Such a killer cover of the ZZ Topp song 'Just Got Paid'... I like Big Black a lot as well -- Atomizer pretty much opened the door to stuff beyond metal for me back in the 80's.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Steve Albini also worked on Page and Plant's Walking Into Clarksdale, I think he mixed it rather than producing it. The production on that CD is terrible, its a crying shame
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dirt wrote:
    The Rapeman record is f'ing sweet! Such a killer cover of the ZZ Topp song 'Just Got Paid'... I like Big Black a lot as well -- Atomizer pretty much opened the door to stuff beyond metal for me back in the 80's.
    yes yes and my god, yes!
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"