the music of final fantasy

amitamit Posts: 73
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Nobuo uematsu the composer for the final fantasy video game series is one of my favourite composers of all time

The way the music intertwines with the story and graphics of the game is amazing and moving at times

Does anyone else on this board feel the same connection and amazement with his music as I do?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• To be honest, the music is one of the main reasons I started getting into the FF series. I don't know how many he composed for (was it all of them?). I wasn't even aware of who he was or if it was even just one guy. Anyway.. I've been hooked since FF7 and the music was a big part of that :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I think he's doing somekind of tour or something.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    amit wrote:
    Nobuo uematsu the composer for the final fantasy video game series is one of my favourite composers of all time

The way the music intertwines with the story and graphics of the game is amazing and moving at times

Does anyone else on this board feel the same connection and amazement with his music as I do?
    Love the games, love his music. FFVIII is my favourite game ever and it has some of the most amazing music. The 4 disc soundtrack is incredible. The main love theme that is worked into many different pieces, including Eyes on Me, is beautiful.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Love the games, love his music. FFVIII is my favourite game ever and it has some of the most amazing music. The 4 disc soundtrack is incredible. The main love theme that is worked into many different pieces, including Eyes on Me, is beautiful.

FFVIII, really? That's an unusual choice.

I think one of the greatest game scores ever was for the Playstation 1 RPG called Chrono Cross (the sequel to the SNES game Chrono Trigger, which also had some amazing 16-bit music in it). The game was amazing, and the music was just incredible, even in the intro. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQ7yEYwEnE

By the way, if you have a PS2 or PS1, BUY THAT GAME.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    DOSW wrote:
    FFVIII, really? That's an unusual choice.

I think one of the greatest game scores ever was for the Playstation 1 RPG called Chrono Cross (the sequel to the SNES game Chrono Trigger, which also had some amazing 16-bit music in it). The game was amazing, and the music was just incredible, even in the intro. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQ7yEYwEnE

By the way, if you have a PS2 or PS1, BUY THAT GAME.
    Everyone always shits on FFVIII but I loved that game SO much a few years back. Still do really. The music was amazing too. I don't care if the love story is cheesy or whatever, it's brilliant :)

FFVII is a close second for me.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    mmm

There are some awesome videos on youtube of other people covering final fantasy music.

Uematsu did the music for all of the games (and advent children) except for XII. I think that he's left the series now which is quite sad. His music was actually pretty important in terms of the success of the series.

Wohoo! There are other people who love the music of the game enough to talk about it!